PDA

View Full Version : Pearl's Mailing List/Magazine

Joy7
11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
I have been getting their magazine suddenly and I don't know why. I DO NOT WANT IT. It makes me so sad and troubled that it is even in my mailbox. The problem is there isn't a phone number to call to get off the mailing list. I sent them a letter with my mailing lable attached today requesting to be removed from their mailing list, but what if they ignore it and insist on evangelizing me. I'm not worried about being tempted, I'm worried about having those vile thoughts in my mind when it arrives. I can't stand the thought that this is really happened to dear children in our Lord's name. Any ideas where they could have gotten my name.? I am a homeschooler and used to belong to a Christian support group in my state. ?

joyful mama
11-09-2006, 03:53 PM
:jawdrop :td :hug2

Learnin'2B
11-09-2006, 03:56 PM
I don't know where they got your name, but I have very recently learned to pay closer attention to things put in my way that I have no control over. The pattern has been that it has led to someone needing prayer. Maybe it's an opportunity for you to pray for those names listed in the front. :shrug
.......then burn it! :rockon :lol

Just seek the Lord's purpose for you on this. :heart

hiddenhippie6
11-09-2006, 03:58 PM
The homeschool group could be the way you get it. I get it too because of some list as well. I either go right to the garbage or if I see something really silly on the cover I just have to read it. Like the article when they told you to slap your 6months old hand for throwing his spoon off of the high chair tray :P :rolleyes I just reminds how ignorant they are and off it goes to the garbage. MY dh is so sweet, if he sees it he gets so upset and says "WE WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING FROM THOSE CRAZY PEOPLE IN OUR HOUSE!" :giggle I love it, it just sounds to protective of his family when he does that. :heart :heart

allisonintx
11-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Not only is it an opportunity for prayer (and warmth) but it wastes their money sending it to you!

My mom owes the North Texas Tollway Authority a dime from when she lived here. She hasn't paid it and they send her a bill every month (spending 33cents every month for years now) to try and collect that 10cents :lol

Joy7
11-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Insert Quote
I don't know where they got your name, but I have very recently learned to pay closer attention to things put in my way that I have no control over. The pattern has been that it has led to someone needing prayer. Maybe it's an opportunity for you to pray for those names listed in the front.
.......then burn it!

Just seek the Lord's purpose for you on this.

I thought of that and did and am going to pray against them more often.

The interesting thing about it is my church where our pastor preaches grace from the pulpit announce that he wanted to have a mid week service on Sheparding a Child's Heart- Tripp "the best book written on Christian parenting he's been told". So I freak and actually borrow a copy, so I can debate it with him.
The book is theological so inconsistent with the Bible, what our pastor preaches, and now I am praying that our pastor will see that as he reads it. I feel like warfare is going on. Pray for me if you would. :heart

The upside is it is sharping my faith in the Gospel.

Learnin'2B
11-09-2006, 04:20 PM
:tu :pray

Joy7
11-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks for everyone's posts!

Another concern is honestly I live in a small town and I would hate if the mail person thought I agreed with it by receiving it. Sounds stupid, I know but I would hate if someone misunderstood.

WE WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING FROM THOSE CRAZY PEOPLE IN OUR HOUSE!" That is exactly our heart about this!!! :hissyfit :mrgreen

:heart

Close2MyHeart
11-09-2006, 04:23 PM
My mom owes the North Texas Tollway Authority a dime from when she lived here. She hasn't paid it and they send her a bill every month (spending 33cents every month for years now) to try and collect that 10cents :lol

:lol :lol :lol

to the OP: Weird how you are getting it all of a sudden. I agree w/ the other ladies here :)

4gifts
11-09-2006, 05:28 PM
O.k....I had this happen too...you can go to their site(I know...who wants to but it gets you off their list) click on the left where it says free subscriptions...as you go down the page it will say changes of address or cancellation.....it worked for me!!
I got so sick of them coming and tried to get off their list and instead they sent me a calendar.... :mad Going through their site worked.

ServingGod
11-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Me too....I subscribed like...4 yrs ago...and have requested to be taken off a dozen times...yet every few months one arrives. :banghead I just requested online today to be taken off..and noticed they now have a phone line. I might call that too....but I might not be too delicate. :shifty

hsgbdmama
11-22-2006, 04:45 PM
I might call that too....but I might not be too delicate. :shifty

If they stammer, ask if they're a "dumb cluck" (from D. Pearl's book). ;)

To the OP: if someone from the hs'ing group or your church is using the member list for stuff like this, strongly recommend that a notice be added to the directory/list, something like:

This directory is for the exclusive use of {name of church or homeschool association} members and is not for distribution beyond the {congregation or homeschool group}. Authorization for further distribution can be granted only by the {leadership}.

Someone in our church took it upon themselves to send our directory to a denomination-related publication and all of a sudden everyone was getting it -- which made a lot of people angry. The result was the disclaimer listed above being added.