PDA

View Full Version : What to do with these Dobson books?

klpmommy
10-31-2006, 07:14 PM
Funny thing is I didn't buy a single one of these, they were all "gifts" when we were supporting them on a regular basis. Not sure if any are worth keeping, if anyone is interested in them (for the cost of shipping, nothing else) or if I should trash them.

Parents' Answer Book (paperback 2003)
Nightlights Devotional (hardback 2000 both Dr. & Mrs. wrote it)
Stories from the Heart & Home - Life Lessons from Dr. James Dobson (hardback 2000)
Dr. Dobson- Turning Hearts Toward Home Insights from the life of America's Family Advocate (author- Rolf Zettersten, paperback 1989)
Family Man- The Biography of Dr. James Dobson (author- Dale Buss, hardback 2005)

I think I have a few others but these are the ones I came across tonight as I was rearranging bookshelves.

~yogamom~
10-31-2006, 09:34 PM
umm, this is probably wrong (to be perpetuating his stuff), but i post any dobson books that come my way on paperbackswap.com and get other books when people request them. :hiding

made4more
10-31-2006, 09:40 PM
maybe I'm misunderstanding, but how about if you dont agree with their beliefs and it doesn't fit on this board, and you dont recommend their ways, how about you burn them? throw them away? really cool looking plant stands? LOL_ Just an idea- I'm not familiar with dobson- I do know that he talks about spanking in a non-negative way tho.

~yogamom~
10-31-2006, 09:42 PM
yeah, there was a thread a while back where the general consensus was the pearl and ezzo books make great kindling... :grin. i think throwing them in the trash is fine too!

LoveIsGentle
11-01-2006, 05:46 PM

Have you read this one? DH and I have a copy of it, and we only made it through about a quarter of the book before we moved, and we just never started it up again. Is there anything icky about the book (you, or anyone who's read it)? I seem to remember enjoying what I did read, but it was quite a while ago.

klpmommy
11-01-2006, 07:05 PM
I started Night Lights, but never got too far into it for some reason or another.

Well, if no one has any obvious objections to these books or wants them for research purposes then I will be donating them to the library tomorrow for them to sell. Actually, I won't donate The Parents Answer Book since it is probably very spanking oriented, but the rest aren't parenting books.

So you have until tomorrow around noon ET to stop me! :mrgreen

kwisie
11-01-2006, 07:10 PM

Have you read this one? DH and I have a copy of it, and we only made it through about a quarter of the book before we moved, and we just never started it up again. Is there anything icky about the book (you, or anyone who's read it)? I seem to remember enjoying what I did read, but it was quite a while ago.

DH and I went through this, but it's been a few years. I don't recall anything inflammatory, though. There were a few good discussion questions.

Morning Glory
11-03-2006, 08:34 AM
The devotional and stories from the heart are nice books. I'm not familiar with the others.

What type of support were you giving them? Maybe they ahve a list of people that are requesting the books? Send them "return to sender" :)

klpmommy
11-03-2006, 11:30 AM
We got the books back when we were sending them $$ every month. We no longer give them $$ except for Citizen magazine so we no longer get the gifts.

I still have The Parent's Answer Book if anyone wants it for research purposes.