PDA

View Full Version : What historical event is your phone number?

ArmsOfLove
10-29-2006, 10:50 AM
I love patterns and when we got our new phone number I couldn't think of any pattern for the numbers that I would remember. So I pulled out the Timetables of history and looked up the last four numbers as a year and found out it's the year of the French Revolution :grin I have one friend who's a teacher and she knew my area code and could remember the prefix but couldn't find or remember my number and then remembered this and looked it up and called me :giggle

So what historical event is your phone number?

Six Little Feet
10-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Unless I can see the future.......

since my number is 85##. I do not have a single 1 in my phone number....

Would be fun though

But it does *spell* lint jams. amongst other things.......

http://www.phonespell.org/

Winkie
11-06-2006, 09:46 PM
our last 4 digits are an IRS tax form # :giggle

Maggie
11-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Future here, too.

cindergretta
11-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Future here, too. :/ Guess I'll have to look up what it spells! :grin

OK, yeah, that didn't work out, either. What a bunch of goofy non-words! :/

4LovesMom
11-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Oh, man! I went to the phonespell site and end up with something like ####-yuck - with one letter added on. I'm too lazy to go look at the phone and figure what they added, I'm guessing the last digit. Anyway, otherwise I'm a FAR into the future date, too. :think

milkmommy
11-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Way in the future didn't spell anythng eaither

Deanna

Rabbit
11-07-2006, 12:12 AM
My phone number, 6305, is not significant as a single year, but around 6300 BC, in the prehistoric settlement of Tell Sabi Abyad, in Syria, the inhabitants left their village for a few decades, at best guess because of significant climate change, including drought.

-Natalie

milkmommy
11-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Well okay never cosidered BC times so...
9780 BC - Ra/Marduk, Enki's firstborn son, divides dominion over Egypt between Osiris and Seth. :think

Deanna

Meli
11-07-2006, 01:31 AM
0597, so just 597 AD was the date that Augustine brought Christianity to Great Britain for the first time, a missionary sent by Pope Gregory.

phermion
11-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Mine cell # is the year Leonardo Divinci was born. :-) Oh, and I learned the other day that Galileo and I share the same birthday. :cool (ok, so I'm nerdy and I think that's cool. :O )

purplerose
11-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Unless I can see the future.......

since my number is 85##. I do not have a single 1 in my phone number....

Would be fun though

But it does *spell* lint jams. amongst other things.......

http://www.phonespell.org/

I have a really boring phone number!!!!! It doesn't spell anything!!!!! :hissyfit

ArmsOfLove
11-07-2006, 09:52 AM
I still remember a good friend's phone number they had when I met them because it was XXX-Jews :giggle

ChristianMother27
11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
including area code mine spells a lost ex jay

MidnightCafe
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM
The last four digits of my phone number are supposedly the year that "Enoch walked with God; then he was no more..." (Genesis 5:24).

In the process of looking this up I found lots and lots of interesting mythology surrounding Enoch. Who knew? :shrug

MidnightCafe
11-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Oh, and as an interesting sidenote, I also remembered the classroom number for the Christianity in Western Cultures class in college because it was 313 - the year Constantine "legalized" Christianity.

joystrength
11-07-2006, 12:59 PM
I'll be 110 years old ... when I reach the year my phone number "is."

HA!

Now **that** would be historical ... or hysterical .. not sure which! HA!!!

:popcorn

Chris3jam
11-07-2006, 03:08 PM
In the year 1004 AD the San Nilo abbey was founded atop a Roman villa in the Alban Hills.

The House of Wisdom was set up by Caliph al-Mamun in 1004 A.D. in Baghdad, the capital of the Abbasid Empire. It was the greatest "think tank" the medieval world had ever seen! Without the translations and research that went on here, much of the Greek, Latin, and Egyptian knowledge would have been lost to the world.

The historian al-Maqrizi described the opening of the House of Wisdom in 1004:

" In 1004 A.D. 'The House of Wisdom' was opened. The students took up their residence. The books were brought from [many other] libraries ... and the public was admitted. Whosoever wanted was at liberty to copy any book he wished to copy, or whoever required to read a certain book found in the library could do so. Scholars studied the Qur'an, astronomy, grammar, lexicography and medicine. The building was, moreover, adorned by carpets, and all doors and corridors had curtains, and managers, servants, porters and other menials were appointed to maintain the establishment. Out of the library of Caliph al-Hakim those books were brought which he had gathered-- books in all sciences and literatures and of exquisite calligraphy such as no king had ever been able to bring together. Al-Hakim permitted admittance to everyone, without distinction of rank, who wished to read or consult any of the books.

:mrgreen

So, I tried the cell-phone:

Hmm. It had something to do with Bible prophecy numbers and Lamech . . . .. . :scratch

SouthPaw
11-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Well DH's work phone has these events (yay wikipedia!)...

* Pedro of Castile restored as King of Castile (now in Spain) after defeating his half-brother, Henry II, at the Battle of Nájera (Navarette). Pedro aided in the battle by the English and Henry by the French.
* Ferdinand I becomes King of Portugal after the death of his father, Peter I.
* Pope Urban V makes the first attempt to move the Papacy back to Rome from Avignon. This move is reversed in 1370 when he is forced to return to Avignon and shortly afterwards dies.
* Charles V creates the first royal library in France.
* Otto I becomes Duke of the independent city of Göttingen (now in Germany) after the death of his father, Ernst I.
* A stone wall is built around Moscow to resist invasion by Lithuania.

Garnet
11-08-2006, 02:27 PM
mine is 1924 i don't think theres any historical there................

Jillian
11-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Mine is 0430. It's actually my daughters birth day! :mrgreen

DogwoodMama
11-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Last 4 digits are 1976... bicentennial and the year I was born. :grin Chosen on purpose by dh. ;)

Aisling
11-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey, I have that book, Crystal :grin

my cell phone # is:

-the foundation of the university of Vienna
-Alexandria is sacked by Peter I of Cyprus

dh's is:

-the birth of Richard II and Henry IV
-Urban V attempts to move the papacy to Avignon for the first time
-stone wall built around Moscow

I'm remembering all this stuff from history 101 I thought I had totally fogotten :giggle

Rabbit
11-08-2006, 03:22 PM
mine is 1924 i don't think theres any historical there................

There's loads of history there!

It's year Woodrow Wilson died. The year Great Britian recognized the Soviet Union. Summer and winter Olympics ran that year. Ghandi was released from prison. Coolidge made the first presidential radio broadcast from the White House. IBM was founded that year. GMT began broadcast that year. All Native Americans were granted American citizenship. The Geneva Protocol was adopted. Australia adopted compulsory voting. Jimmy Carter, Gloria Vanderbilt, Doris Day, and Rosmand Pilcher were born that year.

Pick from hundreds more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1924

-Natalie

SouthPaw
11-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Last 4 digits are 1976... bicentennial and the year I was born. :grin Chosen on purpose by dh. :wink

:laughtears your DH is so sweet! when mine was getting his phone, all he wanted was a number that spelled B-E-E-R :doh they were all taken though :lol