PDA

View Full Version : places to find HS news alerts

alivia
10-26-2006, 04:55 AM
Some have called our state the "easiest" for HS, maybe based on no assessment test, the fact that registering to HS means notifying your school superintendent & naming your school, and that's about it. But right now, we have a strong Republican base in office & most of the HSers here are strongly from the right. I don't know how long it will be a GOP-controlled state, and I want to start informing the Democrat elected officials, hopeful politicians, & public that there is a growing interest in HSing coming from the left in this state, and that it should *not* be a partisan issue.

I'd like to stay informed of every HS-related law that they try to pass both on the state & national levels, so that I can get letters out to the newspapers & to our elected officials, but I'm not sure where to sign up or check in to keep myself informed.

I've heard that HSLDA can be rather alarmist? Not sure about that, but I don't want to write in for something that isn't the same as the way it was portrayed, YK? Anyone know of any other resources? I know asking local HSers would probably be best for state alerts, but on the national level?