PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Phil today re: teacher who had sex with student

Punkie
10-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Did anyone see Dr. Phil today? He had on a teacher who was 24 and a virgin and she lost her virginity with a 15 year old student. They had her attorney on and he said that she wasn't a normal, healthy 24 year old because she was very sheltered and immature. Why? Well because she came from a Christian homeschooling family.

Dr. Phil didn't say it, the attorney did, and Dr. Phil dismissed it, but STILL! How frustrating! "That's just how those homeschool kids are - they don't get to have sex early like "normal" kids, so they end up as child predators..."

ChristmasGirl
10-19-2006, 05:40 PM
:banghead so was she homeschooled for college too? :shifty I wish i had seen it, sounds intriguing. maybe i'll go check out dr. phil's site.

Punkie
10-19-2006, 05:48 PM
I looked it up online, and it looks like she actually went to private school for a while too. :shrug Funny how that wasn't mentioned.

hsgbdmama
10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
:banghead Nice. He's got an agenda. :td

Heather Micaela
10-19-2006, 06:35 PM
grrrrr

4LovesMom
10-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Oh, my. :neutral
Like there's absolutely nothing else in this woman's psyche or background they could delve into. Ugh.

zak
10-19-2006, 07:24 PM
:td

I only saw the last 5 minutes or so of the show... I missed that gem of information. :banghead

Savmom
10-19-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm guessing they would not have mentioned her schooling if she went to public school. Why is it so easy for people to discriminate against us as homeschoolers or Christians, but if we attack anyone else's background/beliefs......

:banghead :banghead :banghead

This Busy Mom
10-19-2006, 07:44 PM
So... for the thousands of male predators and lots of female predators out there... they're going to pick on the one that was homeschooled :scratch .

Chris3jam
10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Oh. Um. Ok. And what about the ones who went to public school and sleep with their students? :rolleyes2

Savmom
10-19-2006, 07:57 PM
So... for the thousands of male predators and lots of female predators out there... they're going to pick on the one that was homeschooled :scratch .

Makes no sense, but I guess we are an easy target.

Strumbelina
10-20-2006, 07:19 AM
:hunh
Is there like a "contact us" thing on his website? This is getting ridiculous, and truely, I doubt it is the image that Dr. Phil really wants to portray. Yeah, I know about ratings and such, but he is making a "not so nice name" for himself among homeschoolers and Christians in general (as most Christians support the idea of HS even if they wouldn't ever do it themselves). I just can't believe that PR-wise this is where he really wants to go. I mean...there are surely bigger fish to fry than say....homeschoolers! Give me a BREAK!
First the show with the wierd HS people on it to portray HS for the general public and now lets spotlight the fact that this messed up lady was HS and that she victimized this kid b/c she has not yet FORNICATED until the ripe age of 24! Yeeeeeesh! When will these people get a brain! :banghead :banghead

Punkie
10-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Like I said, he did kind of blow off the attorney, but this was the attorney's entire defense, so that's why he brought it up. If you google for her name, you can read the articles about their defense strategy.

I still haven't watched the other show on homeschooling. I have it TiVoed though...

Aisling
10-20-2006, 08:14 AM
I saw it too...

I sure didn't buy it. She was a pretty darn good little actress :rolleyes If she truly was homeschooled, there is still no way a 24 year old could possibly think it was ok to sleep with a 15 yo student. Hello?? I'm 24, was homeschooled, and can't believe her crazy defense story. Where do people like this COME from? I wasn't raised in a hole in the ground, sheesh. :rolleyes2 Just plain silly. Yuck, yuck, yuck. As if sleeping with her student wasn't good enough, let's just give homeschoolers a really bad name too, while we're at it :td

bostonsmama
10-20-2006, 08:28 AM
oh geez..........i didnt listen to the attorney talk...i saw him start to talk, then i got sick or something, :giggle i just got bad vibes from her...im glad i didnt hear that.... some people are just ignorant. :td

KatieMae
10-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Are we supposed to feel sorry for her? :rolleyes Doesn't Dr. Phil say "You are not your past" ??? Grown ups make grown up decisions - don't be such a victim! Then again, it's normal to avoid pointing the finger of blame at yourself (remember Cain blaming everyone but himself?) so if she can pass the buck to her parents for being too moral & responsible for her eduation, then it suits her rationalization just perfectly, doesn't it?

I don't watch TV anymore for reasons like this. I don't need other people's ignorant opinions to ruin my fun :giggle And yes, being 1. Christian and 2. Homeschooling, we might as well wear bullseyes on our hearts because we're going to be attacked from every angle. I think you have to be 100% in love with homeschooling to survive the criticism & you all are SUCH great examples for me :grouphug