PDA

View Full Version : I need to vent a minute...I hate spanking!

MamaBeth
10-12-2006, 07:21 AM
I don't think it does any good, breeds resentment between parent and child, encourages children to not take responsibility for their actions...and on and on. I realize I'd be preaching to the choir here, but my house flows so much better when my husband isn't home and the children aren't spanked or yelled at. Granted, I lose my temper and yell too; but I'm working on it and it's getting much better. But when there's nothing hanging over their heads, the kids are so much more cooperative and willing to play nicely with each other. I wish I could get through to DH that spanking isn't necessary to raise good kids!

hey mommy
10-12-2006, 07:53 AM
ITA!!!!!! The past week I've gone back to yelling, mostly b/c going off my meds I don't handle things as well as I should, and I've noticed things don't work well when you yell. It's aweful. I hate it. So I'm going on 1/2 meds.. Anyway, I hate it too. I had the urge to spank him last night, for the first time in about 3 months and I cried b/c of it. I didn't do it, and managed to calm myself down so I could calm him down and help him through things..

Rbonmom
10-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Maybe this is an inappropriate question, but why do you let dh spank your kids? It just seems so strange to me since I wouldn't let anyone else do something I know is harmful to my ds :scratch In just the same way that I wouldn't tolerate my dh yelling at my ds or calling him names, it's my job to protect him.