PDA

View Full Version : This really, really bothered me

klpmommy
10-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Normally when I see parenting that I don't "like" I can just write it off as "bad day" or whatever for the other parents. But this one still has my stomach in knots.

When leaving Target today I had put my kids in the car & was putting my cart up when I heard screaming. I turned to look & saw a boy (in the 7-10 age range) laying on the floor next to a car. At first I thought he had fallen & could see that there was someone in the car so I just watched to see if perhaps they would need me to call 911. I was several aisles away from the child/car, but I always try to be available to help when needed. Then the car started to DRIVE OFF. They were driving slowly, but the boy was laying there next to the car & could have easily put an arm or leg under the back wheel. Then the kid jumped up & grabbed the antannea on the trunk & was holding on & running after the car which was still driving slowly. I wanted to call 911 to report this, but I knew the car would be long gone before anyone arrived & didn't think at that point to look at the license plate. Then the car stopped & an older man got out of the car & I could see the boy pleading with the man. I was too far away to hear what was said, but that is how it appeared to me. I decided to get in my car & drive over there to see if I could offer some help & hopefully diffuse a situation, so I didn't see how the boy ended up in the car, but by the time I got turned around the boy was in the car & the car was driving off.

I don't think I have ever seen "parenting" that made me this sick to my stomach. I try to always assign positive intent or think "bad day" or "they are just doing the best they can", but I just can't on this one. I keep imagining that boy's arm or leg going under the wheel of the car & getting crushed.

:sick :cry

Cheyenne
10-07-2006, 05:27 PM
:bheart :cry

hsgbdmama
10-07-2006, 05:39 PM
:jawdrop That is beyond "a bad day." No matter how frustrated I am with my children, there is no way I would leave them laying in a parking lot while I drove away, even if to make a point. :bheart

katiekind
10-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Very scary, I agree.

ArmsOfLove
10-07-2006, 07:37 PM
physical health risks, mental health risks, just plain sad :( I think even most parents we generally disagree with would say that is horrible :no2

CelticJourney
10-08-2006, 06:23 PM
There are no words, just :bheart

hey mommy
10-08-2006, 06:38 PM
:bheart :sad2

poor little guy.. I don't even want to think about what emotional damage that is doing to him..

There is no excuse, at all, for that!

Titus2Momof4
10-10-2006, 08:37 PM
:sad2 :bheart