PDA

View Full Version : It's so simple...

Carrie in PA
10-05-2006, 11:48 AM
I just put my 13mo dd to sleep. She didn't want to take her nap even though she was so tired. She was wound-up from cousins being here. She usually falls asleep nursing, but that didn't work this time. If I were an Ezzo mom I would have just left her in bed (though they would have a crib...we don't) and left her there to cry and have a fit until she fell asleep. Instead I took the time to gently hold her and walk her around the room singing Bible songs to her. What a beautiful moment for her to fall asleep hearing Jesus loves Eva and Bible verse songs and being cudlded by her mama. How simple is that?! What an opportunity Ezzo-types miss out on when they insist on the "Me boss, you child, resistance is futile" sort of thinking, rather than the way of peace and gentleness. How sad! I am so happy to have been given a ministry moment (as we all are everyday we mother our children) to share with my daughter. :)

Savmom
10-05-2006, 11:56 AM
What a beautiful moment for her to fall asleep hearing Jesus loves Eva and Bible verse songs and being cudlded by her mama.

:amen :yes

caringmommy
10-05-2006, 12:09 PM
:yes :heart

Auroras mom
10-05-2006, 02:37 PM
:amen

mamame
10-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Amen - and you are demonstrating that God is there for her too.

Somertyme
10-05-2006, 07:00 PM
:heart. I think of this often. Both the moms and babies are missing out on so much!

hiddenhippie6
10-05-2006, 07:02 PM
You are such a great mommy :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

hopefromgrace
10-05-2006, 07:18 PM
well said mama :tu :heart
it is sad that so many miss out on these precious moments :(

CelticJourney
10-05-2006, 07:33 PM
I've mentioned before an Ezzo friend who can't get her little one to sleep - I can, but she can't because she lost that 'skill' somewhere along the way because of her choices

Titus2Momof4
10-06-2006, 07:47 PM
:heart

I remember when I was a first-time mom, it wasn't long before I realized that having visitors would wind a baby up to the point they don't want to go down for their nap right away as usual. Totally normal :)