PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Danny Silk?

glassangel
10-04-2006, 02:51 PM
I read a good article written by him in an Australian Christian women's mag...about parenting.
Talked about being under a new covenant etc :tu and talked against controlling our kids.

He's a pastor at Bethel Church (in Ca I think???)
but I can't get much more info about the DVD series he's put out (about parenting) - Directing Vision Daily.

Anyone know anything?

(feel free to move this if there is a better forum for it)

erinee
10-04-2006, 07:02 PM
:popcorn

2inHeaven2inMontana
10-04-2006, 07:20 PM
I just answered this in another post...so I copy-pasted my answer here..

Hello, my dh and I went to Bible school at Bethel church in Redding CA, and know Danny Silk personally. We loved him. He didn't really teach "parenting" because we were in a mixed group of young people (meaning, not parents) during the 8 months school, but I know what he'd teach would be excellent. He is a very humurous interesting guy, and we really enjoyed him. I know that Bethel church would have nothing to do with any punitive methods of childtraining and they are the church that has really helped me to change my whole view of God around, which has made me ready to change to GBD when I heard about it.
So anyways, I know Danny silk would be very grace-based parenting. Maybe a different twist than here, but still very balanced and grace-based.

glassangel
10-04-2006, 07:45 PM
I just answered this in another post...so I copy-pasted my answer here..

Hello, my dh and I went to Bible school at Bethel church in Redding CA, and know Danny Silk personally. We loved him. He didn't really teach "parenting" because we were in a mixed group of young people (meaning, not parents) during the 8 months school, but I know what he'd teach would be excellent. He is a very humurous interesting guy, and we really enjoyed him. I know that Bethel church would have nothing to do with any punitive methods of childtraining and they are the church that has really helped me to change my whole view of God around, which has made me ready to change to GBD when I heard about it.
So anyways, I know Danny silk would be very grace-based parenting. Maybe a different twist than here, but still very balanced and grace-based.

Well that's good to know :tu - Thanks for responding

[and Kristie it's good to see you back here :hug I remember reading your posts when you lost Gabriel :cry -- it's nice to see you back here :hug]