PDA

View Full Version : Pearsons Curriculum?

fruitofthewomb
10-03-2006, 05:54 AM
I know absolutely nothing about homeschooling, but I'm considering it for dd who will be in K next year. She will be 5 in a couple weeks. We have a combo homeschool/classroom academy here that I'm going to look at for her and I saw on their website that they use Pearsons curriculum. I think Emma is probably in the K level curriculum now, but I'm about to go peruse the bookstore. Any suggestions? And should I look at the Christian Bookstore rather than Borders, or can I find what I need at Borders? Anything I should avoid altogether? Thanks.

KitKat
10-04-2006, 07:44 PM
You may not find the text books at a regular book store. You may need to look online.

Leslie
10-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I've heard of a lot of different curriculums, but Pearsons isn't a name I'm familiar with. Could it be more of a classroom curriculum, used more in private schools?

Mama Calidad
10-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Ah! I found their website. I think if you ask about individual products, you'll get more responses. I know there are some people here who use MCP and I'm pretty sure I've heard something about Sing, Spell, Read and Write. :yes

http://plgcatalog.pearson.com/co_home.cfm?site_id=9

I believe christianbook.com sells some of their products, as well.

fruitofthewomb
10-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Cool, thanks.