PDA

View Full Version : I have no one to talk to about this

happyhousewife
09-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Yesterday was a bad day. The kids were crazy and the baby is going through a growth spurt so he is nursing alot lately. I was telling dh about this and he said that maybe we should put him in a preschool this year. We have talked about this ever since he was 2 and we both decided that it was best for him to be home. When I have a bad day and need to vent he will bring up that maybe he needs other kids to play with. I am really at a loss because when I do have those days I start to second guess myself and the decisions I am making. I told dh that if we were having a problem(which I dont) I certainly didnt think that sending him off would solve it. I mean he is only 4. He is going to act out. I am going to have days that they drive me craZY. It probably dosent help matters that I am trying to cut ds tv time and computer time down. He goes crazy I am hoping that this is just a detox process. He is doing great today. Right now he is drawing me a picture of the tv.LOL
I cant talk to my mom or my family because they dont think I am doing the right thing by keeping him at home. I tried to explain to him last night that I dont want him to fix it I just wanted a listening ear. sigh.

Quiteria
09-07-2006, 09:35 AM
:hug

Leslie
09-07-2006, 11:37 AM
There will always be bad days during the school year where you wonder if it's working and whether you should send him to school. It can take some detox time, like you said, when you decrease TV time, but it does get better.

booboo
09-07-2006, 05:12 PM
My kids went through some tv detox when we had to cut back the cable. We were watching tv up to 6 hours a day at that point! :doh I'm glad to say that was a couple of years ago. :phew We're down to an hour to maybe an hour and a half a day, depending. Sometimes I let them watch an extended movie if it's raining and they're bored. We have plenty of crafts, etc to do but that gets old.

Men like to "fix" things. I think God made them that way even if they aren't handymen. :giggle They like to "fix" our lives if they could. Gotta love their hearts!

Maybe with your dh you can say "I need a hug" and not say much else. He may be :hunh as to why, but that's okay. Do you have any friends IRL to talk to? I've found there are some things I just can't talk to my dh about. I regret that too and I tell him so.

Cindy
09-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Men like to "fix" things. I think God made them that way even if they aren't handymen. :giggle They like to "fix" our lives if they could. Gotta love their hearts!

Maybe with your dh you can say "I need a hug" and not say much else. He may be :hunh as to why, but that's okay. Do you have any friends IRL to talk to? I've found there are some things I just can't talk to my dh about. I regret that too and I tell him so.

:yes Yup! I could see my husband saying something similar just to propose a possible solution. It makes him feel useful :giggle

mamaKristin
09-07-2006, 08:27 PM
My DH liked to try to fix things too. I finally just took to telling him 'this is a vent, I'm blowing off steam, please don't offer me solutions right now'. :yes

happyhousewife
09-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. :) I did explain to him that I just feel like there is no one to talk to when I get frustrated at ds. I went to our local homeschool support group and I got energized! I think I needed a b reak from the kids and I needed to be around like minded moms. I feel better, but I also told dh that sometimes I just need a shoulder. He didnt realize-so I was glad we are on the same page now. :highfive

AttachedMamma
09-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Thank you all for your kind words. :) I did explain to him that I just feel like there is no one to talk to when I get frustrated at ds. I went to our local homeschool support group and I got energized! I think I needed a b reak from the kids and I needed to be around like minded moms. I feel better, but I also told dh that sometimes I just need a shoulder. He didnt realize-so I was glad we are on the same page now. :highfive

:tu

Has your DH attended a HSing conference or read any books about HSing? DH and I were discussing that issue last week b/c I know I will have many challenging days and I need him "on my team". We've been trying to get to a conference for over 2 years, but some major tragedy has been happening or we've been moving or we can't find a babysitter. :rolleyes So we are making it a priority to attend a HSing conference over the next 12 mos. Even if it's just for part of it. I figure that, while I can't re-program his need to fix things, he can learn to be more supportive and to stand beside me 100% in my HSing. He totally supports HSing, but it's based on everything he's learned through me, kwim?

I'm attending a support group tonight and really looking forward to the encouragement :heart after being questioned about it all summer by my elderly neighbor.

cindi