PDA

View Full Version : Want to be able to listen to MP3's/Podcasts- what to get?

DogwoodMama
08-28-2006, 07:20 AM
I would like to ask for an MP3 player or Ipod for Christmas, so I can download things and listen to them when I'm not online. What is a good affordable one? I am still stuck in the age of CD players so I am CLUELESS. Help clue me in, please. :O

TulipMama
09-04-2006, 12:02 PM
This is almost the same question I was going to ask!

Help!?!?!?

Six Little Feet
09-04-2006, 12:05 PM
I have an iPad Nano and I love it.

It is easy to use with itunes and you can download from other sources as well.

It hold about 500 songs and can hold photos too!!!

snlmama
09-04-2006, 01:47 PM
I have the ipod mini, which you can't get anymore, so I'd rec. the Nano, which sounds cool. According to dh (who isn't really an Apple fan, btw), they are the most user-friendly and have the best features. :shrug My friend's dh just bought her an iRiver and she likes it also. I *think* they are a little less expensive.

Loaves Of Bread
09-04-2006, 01:53 PM
I have a Nano too... it's great... don't know how I ever lived without it.

canadiyank
09-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I bought my dh a refurbed 20 gig iPod last Christmas. He LOVES it, uses it literally all the time. Listens to it when he's working out, putting the girls to bed, in the car (with the FM adaptor), on his computer at school, and makes recordings of his band (he's a band teacher) for immediate playback. We bought it at www.macmall.com

mamaKristin
09-04-2006, 02:02 PM
we have in ipod...and love it. :tu It was a 10th anniversary gift to my DH, but we all use it. I've heard that the ipods are the most user friendly, but don't know if that's true.

I was totally clueless about them until we had friends visit us, and they have been ipod users from when they first came out. They showed us some features and we were sold. :O We don't have great (or any) radio reception outside of our small town, and it's really nice to have music you like while driving without having to flip cds all the time.

Marrae
09-04-2006, 02:23 PM
We have iPods and love them. :tu IMO the 20 gb is plenty big enough. We can use them in the car too as it has a socket for them. I bought iStations as well and they are excellent as I get bugged with earphones after a while.