PDA

View Full Version : Help me with preschool

LittleSweetPeas
08-24-2006, 10:04 PM
So after a lot of consideration of my options, and pressure from others, I decided to go ahead and keep my DD home with me this year. My plan is to focus on homeschool this year to see how her and I enjoy it and if its something that will work for our families. We'll do CBS as well and I am trying to find a homeschool group for us to get together with for support, ideas and friendship for both of us.

I was using letter of the week but its a bit boring to myself and my DD. I looked at Little Hands to Heaven but am not sure what else is available. I am a trained teacher so I gravitate to things that have more structure to them but there is a lot I like about CM methods and I already own BFIAR.

Does anyone have recommendations for a great preschool age curriculum? I know the idea is to let them play, explore and learn through doing but I want to do more with her during this year together but need some guidance.

The Tickle Momster
08-24-2006, 10:22 PM
We used BFIAR last year and really enjoyed it. I only used about half of the suggestions. You could definitely make more structured if you want to. I'm not sure how old your dd is, but have you looked at My Father's World? I have been eyeing the catalog for about 6 months. I think you could do the K stuff with a younger child if you wanted. Not sure this has been helpful for you.

BTW, what is CBS?

LittleSweetPeas
08-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Oh, Community Bible Study. They have an awesome kids program during the time the moms are doing their study. That actually was one of the reasons I kept her out of preschool this year, I wanted her to experience this program again. I was seriously impressed with their Bible memory and application of scripture. Good stuff! :tu

illinoismommy
08-27-2006, 11:05 AM
how old is she? what about scheduling playdates and joining a homeschooling group so that you guys can get out too.... I think that's preschool too :shrug of course around here they don't teach anything in preschool except letters and numbers