PDA

View Full Version : I've been asked to join a HS Preschool Co-op

purplerose
08-18-2006, 06:00 PM
in my neighborhood. It's for 3 yo's. My friend from church is starting it, although it will NOT be Christian based......which I wish it would be. I'm torn about doing it. I LOVE the Chrsitian preschool that my 4yo DD goes to. I wanted to start Joshie there, but he isn't potty trained yet and he says he doesn't want to go anyway. It will be rotation basis. I like the hs/ps co-op for a few reasons.......it's only between 4-6 kids, it's all people who live in my neigborhood, it will be nice to get a break every few weeks and it will be very low-key. Anyone have any experience in anything like this? Is it really hard to do with a baby? What if I get pg and am sick and tired and stuff. Would I want to deal with that and 5 3 yo's at the same time? Any thoughts?! Thanks!!! :grouphug

purplerose
08-19-2006, 04:52 PM
So no one has any experince in a homeschool co/op type thingy?! I'd love to come up with more questions, etc when we have our meeting in a few weeks! :grin

allycat
08-19-2006, 05:27 PM
We are have had a co-op for the last 2 years and again this year. We all have older kids and also toddlers. When we started we had nursing babies. It is difficult with babies and with all the responsibility on yourself with a bunch of little kids. We have limited our time together to do unit studies for 6 weeks (which would be very easy to do with prek kids) and do teaching for one hour and social time for 1 hour. We only meet once a week. It ends up that the mothers in the coop will only have to teach one time. Very easy to handle and all the other mothers basically help or focus on thier little ones. Not too overwhelming on anyone. I like having all the mothers involved and there to help and socialize with, but also enjoy only teaching 1 time and only meeting for 1 day a week for a short amount of time.

Mamatoto
08-19-2006, 05:29 PM
I haven't done a preschool co-op on purpose. I prefer to have playdates here or go to friends houses. :-) I really don't want anyone else teaching my preschoolers. :shrug