PDA

View Full Version : Slightly annoyed

Piper2
08-11-2006, 12:42 PM
It looks like Kevin's spelling workbook won't be here in time for us to start school with it on Monday. I ordered it through a used/discount book vendor at the homeschool expo in Atlanta 2 weeks ago -- it's a new book, and they were offering it at 10% discount and free shipping. But I just called and the woman said their stuff was on backorder from the publisher, they're going to place another order, and I should get it in about a week

I paid cash for it, so there's no way I can have the amount credited back to a card or anything, and the only time I ever see these people is in July at this particular conference. But I will say that if I don't have the book 2 weeks from today, I'm going to cancel my order. I can get it from the publisher in one day (although the shipping will cost more than the book itself).

This is the only book I had to order new...guess I'll know better next time and order earlier. :rolleyes

Mama Calidad
08-11-2006, 12:46 PM
You have a heck of a time with ordering materials. :hug2 I'll never forget the hurricane-delayed materials.

SueQ
08-11-2006, 12:53 PM
:hugheart :hug

Piper2
08-11-2006, 01:10 PM
You have a heck of a time with ordering materials. :hug2 I'll never forget the hurricane-delayed materials.

Oh yeah, my CLP stuff that was stuck in Jackson, MS last year. :rolleyes I did get to have a nice, informative conversation with a guy at at UPS Store right outside of Jackson back when not many calls were even making it through down there. :P

The company just called me, though -- They have my book, but it's apparently too late for it to get sent out through the mail today (and they don't work on weekends). So "since it's only one book" ( :shrug), it'll "probably" go out Monday or Tuesday...unless I wanted them to ship it UPS today -- it would cost them a little more to do that, though. I told her as long as I can have it by the end of next week, postal service is fine...I don't want to have to owe them anything (she didn't say if they'd bill me for extra shipping or not).

Next year, I have another used curriculum vendor that I totally trust and have dealt with 3 times and have been extremely happy with. I'm going to go to them FIRST and get as much as possible, then I'll check these people for any used stuff they might have...and order anything new directly from the publisher...it'll be worth it. :shifty

Mama Calidad
08-11-2006, 01:18 PM
So,who do you use for used stuff? The only place I've ever bough used from was here, but I'm always up for saving money where I can. :grin

Piper2
08-11-2006, 01:34 PM
A place called Educational Accents. But their website seems to be having some problems today...hopefully temporary. :scratch

booboo
08-11-2006, 02:07 PM
:hug2

Piper2
08-11-2006, 02:12 PM
OK, so now I get an email from them saying it was shipped out today and apologizing for the "oversight" on their part. It didn't say how it was shipped though. :scratch Guess I'll find out Monday or Tuesday. :shrug