PDA

View Full Version : Daycare and Homeschooling Together

squirellymama
08-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi, I run a home daycare and will be starting homeschooling with my dd (5y). I'm trying to decide if I'm being selfish. I think I could incorporate my dd's hs'ing into my daycare but I feel like that is my time with her. I don't want to share that time with the other kids.

Does anyone else do daycare and homeschool? I'm trying to do relaxed hs'ing and not cirriculum based so it would go well in my daycare. I just want some time with just my dd. I have 2 other kids too (my ds who is 3 and my dd who is 1.5). I will have 2 fulltime daycare kids. One is 5 and will be in preschool three mornings a week and a 3 year old.

I can keep them occupied during our hs'ing time since it won't be too long. My dd is interested in the solar system but I want some time with her to study it. Maybe I can do a whole daycare solar system theme and then do some things with her alone that would be too old for the other two.

Any thoughts?

Kelly

CelticJourney
08-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Well, if the other children play pretty well together, then it might keep them occupied? Also look at nap/quiet times. And of course, homeschooling offers an abundance of flexibility, so evenings and weekends are a great time for the others to have some 'daddy' time and you and your dd to explore space!

allycat
08-11-2006, 03:52 PM
When I was going to do homeschooling and daycare I joined a yahoo group that is really awesome!! It was very helpful to me.
groups.yahoo.com/group/homeschoolDaycare/

The owner of this group has a website that is very helpful too!
www.geocities.com/pammshouse