PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE - Mary Hood was amazing and said openly she doesn't spank!

tempus vernum
08-05-2006, 07:34 PM
I am so stinkin excited :jump :jump I arranged for her to come talk to our homeschool group and can't believe I get to meet my favorite homeschool author. :tu And I am going to eat dinner with her either monday or tuesday :peace I can't wait to let you all know how it goes.

Oh and if you are in Milwaukee or nearby and want to come, let me know and I'll give you the info. IMO the price is reasonable. Sorry I never posted about it - I forgot :O

SueQ
08-06-2006, 09:42 AM
:mrgreen :tu :highfive :woohoo :jump2 :jump :dance :hearts

LLMom
08-07-2006, 05:52 PM
I have heard her speak. She is so wonderful and laid back. Let us know how it goes.

tempus vernum
08-07-2006, 08:47 PM
It was awesome and we still have one more night. *sigh* :grin

She said openly that she doesn't spank and it was great :tu

But the rest was amazing too! But I need to process before talking _ I am sitting here in awe of meeting my favorite homeschool author! :heart :heart :heart

ArmsOfLove
08-07-2006, 08:52 PM
I think she read my book :think

that is so cool!

brown eyed girl
08-07-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm finally reading your book BTW. :blush sorry it took me so long but it's impossible to find discounted and being the Dave Ramsey follower I couldn't just rush out and buy it-- I had to actually save the money to buy it!

ArmsOfLove
08-07-2006, 09:08 PM
well I hope you are enjoying it and it was worth the wait :hug

fourbygrace
08-20-2006, 06:08 PM
I love Mary Hood. Jodi, you are so blessed to have her speaking for you.

I have her tapes which were recorded several years ago and she said she never spanked her kids and does not believe in it on the tapes. (2 of her kids are still home. The other 3 are grown.)

I wonder if she read Crystal's book?? I have to doubt it (no offense to Crystal because I needed her book.). She specifically said she did not read parenting books and does not recommend them. :D She is certainly AP as she mentions sleeping with her babies and nursing when they were toddlers. She believes in mothering the natural way; learning to follow your God- given instincts - not reading what other people tell you to do.

I have a friend who is a Pearl follower, who really loves Mary Hood's books. I was thinking about letting her borrow my tapes and seeing if she mentions anything about that topic.

Blessings,
Mary

ArmsOfLove
08-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Well one of the women who does homeschool conference stuff read it awhile back at my request and was going to recommend it in her next book but was concerned about the "pastor" issue. I just can't remember if it was Mary Hood or not--I think it was. I have to see people, though, to remember. Maybe I can find a picture of her :)

tempus vernum
08-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Crystal I just emailed you a file (brochure) with Mary's picture on it from our recent homeschool conference :) I will be curious because I have heard also that she doesn't read or recommend parenting books :shrug She had never heard of the Pearls until I mentioned to her that our group seems to have a large Pearl "following". :giggle

Mary was great to hear and she knows my mom (went to High School together :lol). That was an interesting discovery :jawdrop

The seminars were awesome and so what I needed as we begin this new year :tu Mary is so amazing and such an inspiration.

The seminar was great too because I am learning that other moms in the group ARE relaxed and I even found another one in our group that doesn't spank :jump :jump God is good.

fourbygrace
08-20-2006, 08:41 PM
I am so glad that you were blesssed and encouraged, Jodi. I am praying that Mary Hood will be able to come to CO to speak. I tried to set up a seminar last summer, but could not get enough people to sign up for it to work. I did mention her name to the owner of a local Christian bookstore that sells homeschool materials when I saw her books there. I told him that her books had been ar eal blessing to me and that he should consider getting her to speak at a small homeschcool confernece that the store sponsors. He sounded very interested and I e mailed Mary Hood to tell her about it because I know she wants to come to CO. She is now going to contact the store owner herself.

I am interested to see if she is the one who read Crystal's book. I hope Crystal gets the photo to jog her memory.

Blessings,
Mary