PDA

View Full Version : I think I've lost my marbles.

This Busy Mom
08-02-2006, 08:47 PM
I just got our package in for American History. There are... no kidding... about 80 :eek different books (including coloring/projects) in it. It also has my ds's chess program in there, though.

It should thrill my dd. She hates sit down work (anything that involves comprehension), and this is all literature, projects and notebooking.

I changed her math and phonics/reading program (and am going to add in that dreadful comprehension stuff). I don't know how I'm going to figure out what we're doing this year in the next 2 weeks :nails :nails :nails :nails :nails . It's all good... I know it is... but :nails :nails :nails . I have one more thing to buy and then I refuse to get any more (Writer's Jungle).

I'm hoping I didn't set myself up to fail.

Mama Calidad
08-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Wow! Which history did you go with?

This Busy Mom
08-03-2006, 07:19 AM
I went with Winter Promise American Story I with the Middler's pack. I also got the history readers for my dd and some of their language art workbooks. I think it's going to be a good year for reading :grin .

Singingmom
08-03-2006, 07:23 AM
You set yourself up to do a lot of reading :) which will be just right with a nursing baby. Maybe during 2yo's nap? I love learning history through real books. And if you find you need to stretch it into a 2 yr program, that's okay. No hurry! :)

RubySlippers
08-03-2006, 12:10 PM
ITU!
It's nerve-wracking to try new curriculum. :nails
We changed curriculum in 3 subjects this year and are waiting to get the materials.
I pray your curriculum choices work out for the good. :hug

salt_light
08-03-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm doing WP America Story 1 with ds#1, too. I really wanted to get the chess, but that will have to wait until later.

I've been going through the guide and I think its going to be so much fun. I hope your dd enjoys it too.