PDA

View Full Version : Do you participate on any HS message boards or lists?

Sara
07-26-2006, 02:51 PM
I didn't last year when dd was in school, but the year before, I participated a lot on one HSing board in particular (specific to the curriculum we were using). However, the flavor of that board is extremely punitive and we're actually not using that curriculum anymore, so I don't really want to participate there. I've lurked a little bit on A Home for Homeschoolers, but was just wondering if there are any other good boards out there. If not, I'll just have to stick to posting here. ;) :grin

Soaring Eagle
07-26-2006, 02:58 PM
I really like this one: http://www.homeschoolreviews.com/default.aspx (http://www.homeschoolreviews.com/default.aspx)

celestial princess
07-26-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm on a couple of CM groups at yahoo.

DogwoodMama
07-26-2006, 04:44 PM

Me too. :grin

Punkie
07-26-2006, 04:56 PM

Me too. :grin

Me three :grin

I'm also on quite a few AO lists ;)

SueQ
07-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I occasionally post on the FIAR MB. I was on the Beechick Yahoo lists but unsubbed. Oh and I moderate the Yahoo FIAR Friendship list.

Sara
07-26-2006, 05:16 PM
I didn't know that was you who moderates the FIAR Friendship list! I'm on that list (but I've been nomail for awhile)! Neat! :-)

SueQ
07-27-2006, 03:32 AM
I didn't know that was you who moderates the FIAR Friendship list! I'm on that list (but I've been nomail for awhile)! Neat! :-)

Yes, that me. :lol Wende the lady who started the list needed someone to take over this spring and I volunteered my services. It has been awefully quiet lately but I am hoping that it will pick up this fall again as more people start back to "school". ;)

erinee
07-27-2006, 04:09 AM
I'm on the AO yahoo lists, too, and a few general CM ones. Those are the only ones I participate on regularly, and they are *wonderful*. I think I'm on every AO list yahoo has. I check the FIAR messageboards if we have a FIAR week, but those are few and far between right now since Zach is getting a bit too old and Megan is still a bit too young.

catholicapmom
07-27-2006, 04:31 AM
I'm on a Yahoo groups that is specific to the curriculum we're using (Kolbe) and there are some homeschoolers on other AP groups.

What's FIAR and CM? I'm assuming AO is America Online... :shifty

erinee
07-27-2006, 04:43 AM
What's FIAR and CM? I'm assuming AO is America Online...

Five In A Row and Charlotte Mason. You're correct about AO. :)

catholicapmom
07-27-2006, 04:44 AM
Ah, ok! :tu

Sara
07-27-2006, 05:25 AM
Actually, I think AO is Ambleside Online, a Charlotte Mason curriculum.

erinee
07-27-2006, 05:31 AM
lol, of course it's Ambleside Online -- I'm sorry. I just read it that way. I'm on so many AO lists I just automatically read Ambleside Online. :O

hsgbdmama
07-27-2006, 07:36 AM
I'm on a couple of AO lists, I now only check the FIAR boards for go-along ideas. Sue, could you send me a link for the FIAR Friendship? Thanks.

RubySlippers
07-27-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm a member of an IRL homeschool group that has an e-mail list. We share info on deals, curriculum, conferences, events, field trips, etc. We do not get into particulars about discipline.

SueQ
07-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Five in a Row Friendship (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FIAR-Friendship/) :) Feel free to join and post what you are going to be doing FIAR wise this fall. I am trying to get conversation going right now.