PDA

View Full Version : Questions about support

geegee
07-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Two years ago my family moved out of state from where we were blessed to have a church where everyone homeschooled.Since we moved we have not had any support for school.The church we are currently in has no other homeschoolers and there is no support group.What do you all do when there is no support?

hbmamma
07-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Depending on your state, sometimes you can locate a statewide homeschooling database of support groups. I've googled my state + homeschool group and have gotten some lists. Some may or may not be "Christian" based, but at least you'll get some hs support :grin

Mama Calidad
07-26-2006, 01:35 PM
There's nothing in our area, so we're just doing our best and trusting that's enough. Of course, we've never had a group to know what we're missing. I bet it's really hard to have a support group and lose it! :hug2

Moon
07-26-2006, 02:37 PM
My best homeschool support is online. :mrgreen We do know a couple families locally that hs, which helps. I'd try googling for groups as well, or check out your state on www.gomilpitas.com/homeschooling or www.nhen.org

flowermama
07-26-2006, 08:11 PM
I sure wish you could move back to the state you were in. I'm sorry that is no help. :O :hug2

MagnoliaMommy
07-27-2006, 04:37 AM
I would suggest checking with your library too. :tu

4Cygnets
07-27-2006, 06:36 PM
I agree with the YMCA and library :tu That's where I've found lots of homeschoolers :)