PDA

View Full Version : An adjustable pouch with zippers??? Do you think this would work?

Radosny Matka
05-16-2006, 10:21 AM
My cousin is having a baby in August. I am planning on making her a couple pouches for her baby shower. I would love to make one adjustable if at all possible. I do not have a snap press and was thinking about using zippers. Do you think this would work?

InglesideMomma
05-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Sara, I just got a snap press from Walmart, it was around $10 or so, nothing fancy. I'm not sure how well it works yet, but I'll let you know. I wanted to make a few more covers with snaps, harder for ds to get off, so I couldn't pass it up for the money!

hmmm, zippers :think :scratch I'm trying to picture that...I'm sure you'd be able to figure out a way to make zippers work, I'm interested to see what you come up with. :popcorn

Radosny Matka
05-17-2006, 05:56 AM
Well, I'm going to ditch that idea after talking with other moms on TBW. The zippers are expensive and no-one seems to like them (maya makes one). So, I guess I'll just be making one to fit her size.

BornFreeBaby
05-20-2006, 08:36 AM
I actually like my maya adjustable pouch- it has zippers and buttons. Its very comfortable! I could see how the zippers would be expensive- they have to be heavy duty.
I think there's a picture of me wearing dd1 in here somewhere- its black.

brown eyed girl
05-22-2006, 11:16 AM
i sell a lot of the adjustable Maya pouches that have zippers, and I use one as well. I don't find it quite as handy and easy to use as my ring sling, but it has its advantages. But I do know lots of people who love the zippered adjustable pouch!