PDA

View Full Version : Where do you wear? Let me explain. . . .

cklewis
05-13-2006, 07:59 PM
See that drawing of Jeri with her kiddies up there? Slung baby looks about rib cage high.

When my wee ones are that low, I feel like they are too low. Do you? I like 'em tight up against my collar bone in kissing distance. Am I just manic? I think this may be why I don't get along with my ring slings.

How about you?

C

kris10s
05-13-2006, 08:26 PM
I wear newborns up that high. (see Lexi's photo album for proof!) :heart

Bonnie
05-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, in the drawing, I figure she's slung low enough for nursing. I usually have my babe at chest level, high enough to lay her head on my shoulder but probably a bit lower than you would do.

milkmommy
05-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Unless I was nursing I always carried really high soo her head an rest against my neck
Deanna

blessedwithboys
05-13-2006, 08:56 PM
I liked ds to sit within "kissing distance" as you put it when he was a teeny guy, unless I was nursing. If he got lower I felt like he could fall? Plus it hurts your back more. Of course, as they get bigger then they can still be in "kissing distance", but they are sitting on your hip- kwim?

Wholly Mama
05-13-2006, 09:07 PM
I always wore my little-little ones up high. But when I met some new friends when we moved, they all had their babies slung more at uterus level. I tried it out and it was okay. I still prefer my babies higher. More as if I were cradling them in my arms level. If I was doing an upright hold, they'd be up real high - neck nestle high.

InglesideMomma
05-13-2006, 10:37 PM
"kissing distance" :tu :yes That's the way for me. I still wear my 2 year old that high! He loves to burrow into my neck, and just snuggle and snoozle! :heart

MagnoliaMommy
05-14-2006, 05:56 PM
I liked to sling my babies up high too. :yes

Radosny Matka
05-16-2006, 10:25 AM
I like my babies head up high as well, above my bossom, but not so high that I cannot comfortably move my head in all directions. :mrgreen

cro
05-31-2006, 09:50 PM
In a ring sling, usu at nursing level, since that's what he did most the time anyway! In a mei tai, it's more at kissin' distance.

Lavender Lily
06-01-2006, 10:39 AM
I have the ring type. I still keep my 22 month old close enough to kiss. As a newborn I kept him right in front of me and close. I wondered how in the world I would be able to see when he got older :giggle So now I wear him on the side.

HiIamEllie
06-18-2006, 08:43 PM
I love that you guys say "kissing distance". I can't stop kissing ds when he's in the sling.