PDA

View Full Version : my sling stinks!

mamatia
04-28-2006, 09:11 AM
LITERALLY!!! i need to wash it soo bad, but i am always WEARING it! :giggle

Wholly Mama
04-28-2006, 10:26 AM
My sling hides stains and spots pretty well. Good thing, because the thing is nasty!! It stinks, too. I think I've only washed it once in three years :shifty
I made a pouch for a friend and when she washes it, she tries putting her dd in her NoJo, but her dd refuses it! She only wants the pouch! My friend doesn't know what to do with her while the sling is being washed!

Heather Micaela
04-28-2006, 11:05 AM
I think the only soulution is to wash it at midnight

mamatia
04-28-2006, 01:18 PM
i'm so glad i'm not the only one!! after i posted this i thought people might read it and be like, "um...yeah, i WASH my sling..." :shifty

i have a maya and i use the tail to cover her head while i eat...(she's worn bbq sauce and other condiments on her head many a time) and so food gets all over it...of course, most women my age probably can eat without dropping food... :grin

Wholly Mama
04-28-2006, 01:26 PM
of course, most women my age probably can eat without dropping food... :grin

Uh...really? :shifty

BornFreeBaby
04-29-2006, 12:10 PM
i'm so glad i'm not the only one!! after i posted this i thought people might read it and be like, "um...yeah, i WASH my sling..." :shifty

i have a maya and i use the tail to cover her head while i eat...(she's worn bbq sauce and other condiments on her head many a time) and so food gets all over it...of course, most women my age probably can eat without dropping food... :grin

This remindes me of that country song- :whistle "Got a BBQ stain on my white t-shirt"

of course, most women my age probably can eat without dropping food... :grin

Uh...really? :shifty

:no Not me! I usually have to lean over so far away from dd in the sling that I get food on my shirt or my pants- like EVERY time! :hissyfit Your not alone!! :whistle

abbiroads
04-29-2006, 12:22 PM
mine's in the landry cause I leaked bmilk allover it

milkmommy
04-29-2006, 12:25 PM
I now feel justified in getting two slings next round...

Deanna

emmalouise
04-29-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm definitely getting two next time!! My sling stinks too, I always mean to wash it at midnight but then before I know it I'm nursing ds back to sleep and WHAM I'm alseep myself!!

I try and wipe up spills and things as we go but it isn't quite the same..it's the only settling tool I have for when ds gets up in the middle of the night so I'm terrified of having it "out of commision". I've been thinking about the two slings thing for a while now, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :giggle

mamatia
04-29-2006, 01:33 PM
i also have a bad habit of using my tail for clean up....i even wipe dd's nose with it sometimes... :shifty

okay, the dang thing has to get washed this weekend...definitely a reason to own 2 (or more!) slings, that's for sure!! :grin

This Busy Mom
04-29-2006, 01:47 PM
yep, that's why I'm going to have more than one sling this go around ;) .

Naked Camper
04-29-2006, 01:51 PM
I use the tail for a burp cloth ALL the time. It smells funky...just cant part with it foe a few hours. My ds is in a sling maybe 40% of the day, but it never fails that when it's in the wash I need it the most :banghead My wrap just isn't the same

AmyDoll
04-29-2006, 02:22 PM
I think the only soulution is to wash it at midnight

The number one reason why I kept my OTSBH when I bought my Maya! You gotta have a spare! :giggle

of course, most women my age probably can eat without dropping food...

Not me either - 3 words "TIDE TO GO" Honestly, that little pen is a LIFE SAVER (well, at least I'm not walking around TARGET with CHICK-FIL-A on my shirt. :giggle

Katherine
05-04-2006, 04:56 AM
The grossest thing I ever used the tail of my Maya for:

ds1 had a HUGE barf/spit up once in the middle of a fabric store and it splattered all over the hard floor. I had nothing to clean it up with and was worried someone would slip in it. He was wailing and I didn't want to go all the way to the bathroom, get paper towels, come back, etc. with a distraught child, soooo... :shifty :giggle I just mopped it up super fast and then rolled it up on itself (and wahed it at home, of course)

I got a second Maya with ds 2 to address the washing issue. Now, I have 2 Mayas, a cuddleNcarry, and a ton of wraps. :tu Honestly, wrapping is the best solution I've found to have a clean sling on hand. I spent $15 in the clearance section at WalMart and got enough fabric for 5 wraps (no sewing--I just left the end unfinished) :O, so there's ALWAYS a clean one (and I use them for all sorts of bizarre things) :lol

mamatia
05-05-2006, 11:56 AM
The grossest thing I ever used the tail of my Maya for:

ds1 had a HUGE barf/spit up once in the middle of a fabric store and it splattered all over the hard floor. I had nothing to clean it up with and was worried someone would slip in it. He was wailing and I didn't want to go all the way to the bathroom, get paper towels, come back, etc. with a distraught child, soooo... :shifty :giggle I just mopped it up super fast and then rolled it up on itself (and wahed it at home, of course)

:laughtears

okay, so now i don't feel so bad using mine as a kleenex!! :giggle

Kiddie Cradles
05-17-2006, 01:54 PM
I had to wash at night, until I got a 2nd. And i always dripped food! :-)

mamatia
05-17-2006, 02:10 PM
I had to wash at night, until I got a 2nd. And i always dripped food! :-)

she actually doesn't sleep in it as much, so i could probably wash it now... :giggle and thanks to you, i will have two soon so i won't have to worry anymore!!! :rockon