PDA

View Full Version : flushable liners

Ellyane
04-24-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking of getting some of these. Do you use them? Where do you get yours?
Thanks!

Roma
04-24-2006, 01:34 PM
yes i love them. i don't use them all the time anymore, just when out or when he overnights with MIL. i use rice paper liners but before solids i used kushies because i heard they were better for BF poo, but a friend of mine uses the rice paper ones and her babes is still Ex. BF.

you can get them at
kelly's closet
heiny king

other stores i'm sure have them too

Mama Calidad
04-24-2006, 01:38 PM
We had tons of them and then we discovered fleece. Fleece liners were easy winners over paper for us.

Ellyane
04-24-2006, 05:13 PM
We had tons of them and then we discovered fleece. Fleece liners were easy winners over paper for us.

what do you like about fleece?
right now I'm tempted to put a disposable on him when I know it will be pooped in. I'm so tired of dealing with cleaning off my diapers!

Roma
04-25-2006, 04:06 AM
you could get a diaper shower that hooks up to the toilet

Mama Calidad
04-25-2006, 09:50 AM

what do you like about fleece?
right now I'm tempted to put a disposable on him when I know it will be pooped in. I'm so tired of dealing with cleaning off my diapers!

1) You just shake the fleece over the toilet and the poop just shakes right off.
2) Get's tossed right in with the diapers and washrags. It's not like you aren't going to be washing diapers anyway. :grin
3) No waste. Fleece can be washed uncountable times and used over and over and over. Not so with paper. If we put a paper liner in the diaper and she only peed, we'd wasted the paper liner or could wash it one time only. With the fleece, even if she didn't poop, it still kept the kids feeling dry and it would get washed and reused.
4) It's cheap! Just buy a yard or so at the fabric store and cut your liners whatever size/shape you want. No sewing required.

churchpunkmom
04-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Yup! We use fleece too. Also, when you're just using fleece as a liner - it doesn't even have to be "good" fleece! I bought a few $1 fleece receiving blankets at WalMart and cut them up into liners. Depending on the size you cut, you can get about a dozen liners from one blanket!

mamaKristin
04-25-2006, 12:37 PM
We used them when we started cd'ing. I actually bought mine from Sears, Kushies brand. But as I got more comfortable with cd'ing, I find I don't use them. So now I have a roll of them that I've never used. Maybe as my next baby starts solids!