PDA

View Full Version : yet another ergo question

Gentle Journey
04-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Ok, so all in all, I'm pretty happy with my wrap. But, she's getting heavy. However, I'm still good for about 1/2 an hour. She doesn't like faceing in anymore and I think I've read it's not good for their legs to danggle :think. Not sure how to try a back hold. My friend has started making Mei tei and I'm guniea pigging for $15. SO...

The question is, with all this hype about ergos, should I get one so I can carry her easy on my back? Is leg dangling really that bad? Is my wrap, made out of t-shirt material going to hold up much longer if it's starting to hurt at 15lbs? If not, should I invest in the ergo?

blessedwithboys
04-24-2006, 05:36 AM
My 33 lb 21 month old still feels super light in his Ergo. Dh and I both use it a lot for trips. Leg dangling won't be bad for her in the Ergo. Leg dangling is bad when they're hanging "by their crotch" like in a Snugli carrier. The Ergo puts them in more of a sitting position like a mei-tei does.

puah
04-24-2006, 06:26 AM
I recommend not spending a little money here and there for 'cheaper' alternatives, just put it all towards the ergo. :) I can't say enough about the ergo. My now 2yo lived in it from 7-18mos and still is carried in it fairly often. When we hiked with both kids and they were 3yo and 16mos I chose to carry the 3yo (nice, healthy girl, not puny at all!) in the ergo over the baby in a baby backpack because it feels so much lighter and that was maybe a 6 hr hike in the mountains. We travel a lot too and my 2yo goes in the ergo for naps in airports and bewteen planes, so much easier than a stroller. Go for it!

Gentle Journey
04-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Ok....I think I'll get one. Now, to just convince DH I need one...