PDA

View Full Version : joking w dh tonight..tmi

amstermarie
04-17-2006, 08:07 PM
ds has been very sensitive last few days... i am guessing ears or teeth.. any way he must be in sling.. last night dh wanted couple time.. i laid sling and adam down on bed.. walked to back room and he was up already... well dh went to sleep... i said tommorow... well ds is still real needy today , he was asleep in the bed 10 min when he woke up... i have him in my arms.. dh mumbeled something.. hop on, at first i got mad and said like this pointing to bb in my arms... than i kinda joked w/ him i said i am gonna go get my sling then we will give it a try... lol.... he rolled over and is a sleep already.. i don't think he found it funny at all

Bonnie
04-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Well, if he was a little older, I'd suggest Benadryl. :hiding

Poor dh. I think mine would have thought it was a great idea. :giggle But, um....no.

brown eyed girl
04-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Um really... you wouldn't be the first.... :O

Bonnie
04-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Um really... you wouldn't be the first.... :O

To use Benadryl, or to get creative with a sling? :laughtears

Or both...?

Seriously, I had to explain to my dh at around 8 - 9 (12?) months with both kids that no, really, we needed to go find somewhere other than "our half" of the bed. I was getting uncomfortable with the proximity and possible waking. DH operates under the delusion that closed eyes = privacy.

brown eyed girl
04-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Well, yes, I can see your point.... because when we were still fairly new parents we had the arbitrary rule of "1 foot away for each month of age until they are outside the locked door." But that put them outside a locked door by 8 months old! And yep, we did that to our first few kids. :(

But now that we've been parents so much longer and have so many children as it is..... I will tell you, you do what you can when you can get it. 90% of the world's population shares sleep space with other family members-- infants and adults-- and they still manage to procreate.

There are still times we don't wanna be quiet and we'll slip the baby into her big sister's bed for a couple hours......

But you know, "your" half of the bed is good enough. :O It sure did help when we upgraded to a King from a queen though. ;)

mommy2abigail
04-18-2006, 03:53 PM
We just set up the side car crib deal, and dh is :mrgreen We can move the mattress a little :O without waking dd. But yeah, dh thinks that this new arrangement will buy him some more you-know-what, I told him it's not the fact that dd is in our bed that prevents s*x, it's that I'm soooooo tired!

Bonnie
04-18-2006, 05:16 PM
I told him it's not the fact that dd is in our bed that prevents s*x, it's that I'm soooooo tired!

:laughtears

In our case, we had trouble for awhile and definitely had to be in a separate room from dd (thank goodness for our "guest room"...and livingroom...and basement... :O) because when I get the slightest bit, um...interested, I leak milk big time, and dd must be able to smell it. Actually, she runs a 50/50 chance of waking up as soon as my milk lets down even from another room. Some kind of weird supernatural thing, I'm sure of it. Anyway, at least if she's in another room it buys us three minutes to reach an equitable pausing point so I can tend to her before she gets too worked up. *sigh* Fortunately, this happens less and less.

Oops. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. :hiding

amstermarie
04-18-2006, 05:38 PM
so i am not the only one w/ these problems. :blush we do, do the half bed thing b/c ds 3 yrs old is usally in the bed w/ dh.. :blush problem w/ adam, is latley he just wants to be held.... he seems to have this sensor... o i was just put down now i need to wake up , even from a deep sleep he knows... thats why i suggested the sling to dh... well it usally goes on for a few days/ or weeks :eek than i am able to put him down during sleep again... dh may just have to wait a bit.. poor guy.. :neutral

mamaKristin
04-18-2006, 07:26 PM
maybe Adam has a "want to be the youngest child" sensor. :giggle

Spare bedrooms are fabulous inventions. :shifty
(however, if you come to visit us, *we never do that*)

Bonnie
04-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Spare bedrooms are fabulous inventions. :shifty
(however, if you come to visit us, *we never do that*)

:laughtears :laughtears :laughtears

blessedw/4
04-20-2006, 08:57 AM
I told him it's not the fact that dd is in our bed that prevents s*x, it's that I'm soooooo tired!

:laughtears

In our case, we had trouble for awhile and definitely had to be in a separate room from dd (thank goodness for our "guest room"...and livingroom...and basement... :O) because when I get the slightest bit, um...interested, I leak milk big time, and dd must be able to smell it. Actually, she runs a 50/50 chance of waking up as soon as my milk lets down even from another room. Some kind of weird supernatural thing, I'm sure of it. Anyway, at least if she's in another room it buys us three minutes to reach an equitable pausing point so I can tend to her before she gets too worked up. *sigh* Fortunately, this happens less and less.

OH my goodness I'm so glad to be reading this thread ... means I'm not the only one with this issue :O ... We have loved the family bed ... and honestly I would love to just buy 2 king size matresses and lay them both in one room for the whole family ....but that would not fit in the small bedroom of our 1950s home. But we, too, have found the usefulness in other rooms :rolleyes

Bonnie
04-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Omigosh I just realized this is in a public forum.

Whoopsie.

:O and :laughtears

brown eyed girl
04-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Lol.... well people need to know these things. :eek

Hey guess what everyone???? LOL

"Wants to be youngest sensor..." :giggle My dh says that the only form of birth control we ever use is "Toddler Interrup-us." :rolleyes

Bonnie
04-23-2006, 08:00 PM
My dh says that the only form of birth control we ever use is "Toddler Interrup-us." :rolleyes

:laughtears Bwahahahaha!!! :shifty