PDA

View Full Version : MEN! grrrr!!

musicmama
04-17-2006, 08:21 AM
So, we had a bunch of people over for an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. I was running around and super dizzy, so dh knew I couldn't hold our 7mo foster daughter, so he was holding her and just being all cool about it. Nevermind that she LOVES him he's kinda fond of her ;) Anyway, he picked up my sling and said "how do I use this thing?!" :heart So, I showed him how and he was telling me how comfy it was! Then, he walked out of the kitchen and ALL of his friends started making fun of him! :banghead :banghead :banghead I was so mad! I pulled them each aside later and told them if they ever made fun of him for wearing a baby again, they'd have to deal with me! :hissyfit I mean, what a way to kill the desire to wear your baby, huh? Having all your friends call you a wuss or a sissy!!

:mad :mad :mad

Naked Camper
04-17-2006, 08:28 AM
:banghead :banghead :banghead

Good for your hubby! My dh has only worn our son once, but really enjoyed it :tu

MarynMunchkins
04-17-2006, 09:53 AM
:mad I'd LOVE to have my dh wear a baby!

Earlyriser
04-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Good for him and your daughter that he wears her. My ds loves it when dad wears him. I just thought I would share this because it is culturally interesting, but in some countries the men never hold the kids. Some friends of mine just came back from a country in Africa where the women are the only ones who carry babies. My friend was ridiculed for carrying his son by the native people. When I heard that, I felt blessed that our dh's in America can bond with babes by holding and carrying them.

InglesideMomma
04-17-2006, 05:34 PM
He needs a t shirt like I got for dh
"Real men wear their babies."

that pretty much shuts people up around here to dh, plus the fact he's 6'6" and has arms that resemble tree trunks :giggle It is a little funny to see my humongous (tall, and very "strong") dh wearing our teeny (in dh's arms) ds in a sling. I did make him a pouch out of very macho camo canvas though! :shrug maybe that helps :giggle
He's even gotten quite a few comment on it while we're out, but the men who are making the comments are the ones trying to quietly ask dh were he got it, while trying to contain a fussy babe!

Radosny Matka
04-17-2006, 08:03 PM
:hissyfit :banghead Sounds like you handled it well. :hissyfit :hug2