PDA

View Full Version : Is Ergo worth the money?

fallingmercy
04-15-2006, 07:37 AM
We are going to be vacationing this summer and we'll be doing a lot of walking so I want a good carrier. I have a snugli, which is good for now as I do short walks. But he'll be growing out of that quickly. I need one that has lots of support and won't hurt my back after a few minutes. He'll be almost a year when we go. My dh is cringing at the price but with the high weight limit I can use it for awhile. (plus they're cheaper on ebay!)

kris10s
04-15-2006, 08:29 AM
I think so.

myfavoritebabycarrier.com offers a 90 day, no questions asked, money back guarantee. If you take it on vacation, use it and don't think it's worth keeping, you could get a full refund. :heart

Marzipan
04-15-2006, 08:31 AM
:yes Definitely. :tu

LauraK
04-15-2006, 08:34 AM
For me it has been worth the money. I got mine used for $80. So they also have very good resale value and many sights have a money back guarantee so if you don't LOVE it you could always sell it.

mommy2abigail
04-15-2006, 06:22 PM
YES YES YES! I make wraps and slings, and I still bought one! :O But as dd gets older and heavier, I use the ergo more. I can't sling her for a long time, maybe an hour or so, and these days she wants to get up and down and up and down, so wrapping her is at times a pain. I still try to wrap most of the time, but I am really glad we were able to buy the Ergo.

findingjoy
04-15-2006, 06:53 PM
I agree it is well worth the money. Dd is 30 lbs and I have no problem carrying her in the Ergo on my back for an hour or more. It is very comfortable. And dh is willing to wear it too because it looks like a backpack (he refuses to wear a sling!). I bought the New Generation because I had read there were a few improvements over the classic version.

hink4687
04-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Definitely! :yes I love my ergo!! Its great for long walks and I can't even feel DS on my back. Love it!

gabriola
04-17-2006, 12:30 PM
I actually just posted this same question a few weeks back....and then went ahead and ordered my Ergo for my 22 month (33 + lb) DS. I am so glad that I did. It really makes walking/ hiking easier and more comfortable....we probably won't use it as much as we did the sling because he is adamant that he walk most places but it has been great when allowing him to walk isn't an option or for long trips. I would strongly encourage you to get one. I have heard that if you are "shorter" than average that it may not be as comfortable. There is info about this on the www.myfavoritebabycarrier web site.

kris10s
04-17-2006, 06:59 PM
I am 5'2" and it works great for me! :tu

LauraK
04-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm 5'2" as well and like it, seems to work for dh too who is 6'1".

fallingmercy
04-19-2006, 07:30 AM
We're going to get one. I am glad too because ds4 seems to be high needs and wants to be held constantly so it will be helpful around the house as well. :mrgreen

ShowersofBlessings
04-19-2006, 07:47 AM
I love mine and more importantly ( :P~) ds loves it too. He will pick it up asking to ride in it it. :mrgreen

abcmommy
04-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Its amazing. I wondered if it was worth the money for an 18 month old.

I use it DAILY.

Well worth it.

ServantofGod
04-23-2006, 07:11 PM
YUP! I just got my Ergo and I don't regret it. I hate to waste money; this was definately worth it! :tu