PDA

View Full Version : making a wet bag

greenemama
04-06-2006, 02:21 PM
how big should it be? do i need more than one? what are your favorite PUL sources? does it need any bells and whistles? is there such a thing as a belled and whistled wetbag? :giggle zip? drawstring? snap? velcro? patterns?

:ex

InglesideMomma
04-06-2006, 09:24 PM
:popcorn
:smiliesPlayBubbles: (new smiley, had to try it!)

Naked Camper
04-06-2006, 09:35 PM
My wetbag has a zipper. It's about 12"x20". A friend of mine has a wetbag that has normal PUL on the inside and fun cotton pattern on the outside. Just don't make the same mistake I did and use flannel on the outside. It looked great...until I washed it :(

abbiroads
05-09-2006, 04:59 PM
mine has a pocket on the outside. sometimes i put a clean diaper inthe outside, and maybe acouple wipes, and that's all i take

cornflower
05-11-2006, 10:31 AM
You mean, you want something more stylish than a plastic Target bag? :giggle

I haven't made one, but from doing lots of online reading, I think it's important to avoid combining the seams if you're going to put a fashion fabric on the outside. Instead, sew a bag within a bag so that the seams don't wick 'cause the outside fabric comes in contact with the we stuff inside.

I've also heard about sewing a smallish patch of fabric on the inside seam of the wetbag so that you can douse it with lavender oil or some other odor-masking substance.

I have a couple of Bummis bags with pressure-toggle closures and I haven't much liked the toggles. If I made one, I'd do a double string so that I could pull it taut from each side and then tie a bow to close it.

Naked Camper
05-11-2006, 11:07 AM
FYI...Irene made me an awesome wetbag :tu I love it

kris10s
05-11-2006, 11:08 AM
I have a "large" wetbag from Dara & Scott and it works for 2-3 dirty diapers -- you can check their dimensions. It has a pretty cotton outside.

I also have a "large" bummis wetbag I use for weekend trips to my parents', etc which is much much bigger, but I would never use that drawstring-toggle style i na diaper bag.

greenemama
05-11-2006, 02:25 PM
thanks, everyone!

i was wondering myself about using a drawstring in the diaper bag. it seems risky at best. anyone have any problems using one that way?

thanks for the reminder to sew a bag within a bag. :phew