PDA

View Full Version : Baby wearing for the next generation!

hollybells
04-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Woo hoo! I was in the toddler room at church this morning and when one of the little girls was playing with the dolls I found a baby carrier and showed her how she could wear her baby. She wore her baby in front and then when she asked for help taking it off, she asked if she could wear her on the back. Absolutely, I said ~ I carried both of my babies that way! :grin This church is awesome and incredibly bf'ing friendly, but I think I was in the minority for baby wearing (though everyone thought it looked cozy). I'm only in the toddler room once a month, but I'm going to make sure the two carriers are out and ready every time. I think they're meant to be carried by hand, but they work really well as a snugli or backpack! :giggle Start small ... :shifty

Holly

Edited to add: I'm new to the boards and didn't realize there was a spot like this ~ thanks for moving it!

Marmee
04-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Great! I think it is wonderful to bring children up (whether it is our own or others) to think of these things as healthy and normal. The Sears also have a children's book out entitled, "What Does Baby Need?". It is a great resource for this type of thing. I understand there are other children's book like this out there too. The LLL catalog sometimes has them. My dd has a little baby doll sling -so cute to see her use it! She used to "nurse" her doll out of it when I was nursing.

GMmom
04-03-2006, 06:13 PM
:yes my dd loves to wear her doll, katie, who she says is ds' twin sister.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/GMmom/P1010005.jpg

Radosny Matka
04-05-2006, 06:42 PM
:tu :rockon

InglesideMomma
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Oh, how cute! Start them young! :tu :heart