PDA

View Full Version : I love your carrier! I need one too!

Joy7
03-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Saturday I was stopped by a lady while I had my dd in the sling to ask what my carrier was called and comment how great it was.! :rockon Yeah!

She wanted to get info for her daughter who just had twins. She thought it was brillant. Isn't it fun when we get to see others excited about our AP items and want to adopt them?

What stories do you have?

:popcorn

Radosny Matka
03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
It is fun! One time at the grocery store a man asked me, "is that safe? (it was my KKAFP) I said, "yes." He said, I was just wondering because my wife is due soon with our first and I really like it. So, I gave him some basic info on it and told him where he could order one. :mrgreen

abbiroads
03-27-2006, 06:56 PM
I just won a second moby wrap, and I am hoping to get comments like that and be able to lend out my extra one.

Taedareth
03-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Ooo I have a story! A lady stopped me in Costco the other day when I was wearing a Maya Wrap and said, "Oh how interesting. Did you invent this?"

And a couple at our church had a baby recently. It's their third child and from all appearances they are totally mainstream (the only carrier they have seems to be the detachable carseat, and at 9 week she's starting to get heavy in it.) I went to her baby shower wearing my son (he's only 6 weeks older than their baby). She was interested and I let her wear it for a little while at the party. Then this Sunday I thought I heard her make a comment to her DH about my sling so I told her I have an extra one, would she like to borrow it? I hadn't even finished asking the question when she said, "YES!"

Woot! Another family converted into babywearers!

Kiddie Cradles
04-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Great stories! I've had all sorts of comments ranging from positive ("OH what a great idea!") to negative ("I"m sure your kid can't breathe in there...") but I started my local business on the amount of positive comments that I received! Lots of people are not into it around here but I'm helping to open up their minds a little more!!

InglesideMomma
04-03-2006, 02:25 PM
I've been sewing non stop, we get all sorts of comments and requests! My answer is that the sling is not some new fangled piece of modern technology, ya know :giggle

the most negative comment I've gotten lately, was that "your son is too old to be carried, you're ruining him" :td

and the weirdest one:
"how do you strap him in?" :doh
That's all I'm saying!

ServantofGod
04-23-2006, 07:16 PM
When we went on a ski trip when Mason was 3 months old, I received many, many positive comments and admiring looks. :) Some people thought it was a "new" thing. Others really got the picture and said, "Oh, babies love that, being close to their Mommy. It's so good for them!" :cool One elderly lady said, "I wish I had something like that when mine were babies."

cro
04-23-2006, 09:22 PM
I also get lots of the "I wish I had one of those..." comments.
Ppl also ask where I got the idea for my slings.

Once, a Babies R Us cashier admired a MT I made and said I should sell them. Irony?!