PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't the extra bug you?

NayneeNoo
03-20-2006, 06:32 PM
So I've been looking at something new for when we have another. I used a Snugli with Hope. She liked it, but as she got heavier, it started cutting the circulation off to her legs, so we stopped using it. I had never heard of slings or I SO would have used it. Anyway, with the ring slings, doesn't that extra fabric drive you nuts? I'm really short (5'2"), so it looks like it would hang down to my ankles in most cases. Just curious if the extra fabric bothers anyone? While looking at older posts, I saw someone mention The Baby Nest and took a look--I'm really impressed and am looking at those, but wanted to know about ring slings, also.

Heather Micaela
03-20-2006, 06:37 PM
well if you get a handmade one, you can get one to order that is a bit shorte. But the extra is great as a nursing cover up or so you can just use the think like a blanket if you want

You can always wrap the extra part around the rings

abbiroads
03-20-2006, 06:41 PM
doesn't bother me, and I got mine made extra long. When I am slinging with it I just tuck the extra somewhere. I like to have it in the car b/c it works great as a blanket (for me).

Radosny Matka
03-20-2006, 07:14 PM
I just tuck it underneath so it's not in the way.

Aerynne
03-20-2006, 07:43 PM
I also tuck it under dd sometimes, or use it to cover up, or just let it hang. It doesn't bother me really. But there's no reason you couldn't just chop a good deal of it off and serge or hem the end.

Amber
03-20-2006, 07:46 PM
I don't really like having the extra fabric hanging, so I just tuck it up.

Peregrinata
03-20-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm 5'3" and I know what you mean about it hanging. I often threw it up over my shoulder--had it handy to use as a cover-up. It was annoying sometimes, but more useful overall.

SouthPaw
03-20-2006, 09:47 PM
I think it's pretty :grin Plus mine has 2 pockets in the tail :tu But you can always order one made shorter for you if you don't like it.

hiddenhippie6
03-20-2006, 09:52 PM
It depends on which one you get. I am only 5 1' & The Over The Shoulder Baby Holder is not like that. I also made some and you can make it as long or short as you like.

Naked Camper
03-20-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm 5'2" too...I find the tail useful. When I'm not using the tail I grab the middle of the tail and stuff it back in the ring o it just gathers at the ring. I think a ringsling is the greatest invention ever! (thanks to past cultures). You definatly need one :)

MarynMunchkins
03-21-2006, 05:39 AM
I usually tucked it in. :shrug

Maybe you should look at a pouch. :)

mommy2abigail
03-21-2006, 06:59 AM
What about a pouch? They aren't adjustable, but they also dont have the extra fabric....Just a thought...Though I LOVE ring slings, and the extra fabric has never bothered me...I am TALL though 5'10" so maybe thats why? You could have one made custom for you that is a little shorter...HTH!

InglesideMomma
03-22-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm only 5'1", and I don't mind mine at all. I wrap it around ds' legs, or let it hang. You could tuck it in, or hem it up. I like that fact they are adjustable, but I love that I can fold my pouch up and tuck it in my smaller purse when I need to. It's really what you are comfertable with. :grin

hiddenhippie6
03-22-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm only 5'1", and I don't mind mine at all. I wrap it around ds' legs, or let it hang. You could tuck it in, or hem it up. I like that fact they are adjustable, but I love that I can fold my pouch up and tuck it in my smaller purse when I need to. It's really what you are comfertable with. :grin

Hey Faye!! We're both shorties :giggle :highfive

InglesideMomma
03-22-2006, 03:13 PM

Hey Faye!! We're both shorties :giggle :highfive

yay! whoo hoo! :highfive :mrgreen

Lois
03-23-2006, 04:42 PM
The extra fabric drives me crazy so I make my slings for folks who don't like a lot of extra hot fabric on the sling or hanging down as a tail. If you are interested in what they look like I can e-mail you a few pictures and you can see if they would work for you. Slings to have one advantage over pouches and that is that you can totally adjust them a lot more. Like if you are wearing a huge sweater or you DC is dressed really warnly and you need more fabric, you have it. Or if you are only in a tank and DC is in a diaper you can make it small and snug.
Anyways, let me know.