PDA

View Full Version : My mei tai really hurts!

Hopeful
03-13-2006, 03:30 AM
I made it bc I reallt can't afford to buy one but it's veru uncomfortable. It's digs into my waist and my lower back hurts within 5 mins....I made it bc I don't get on with wraps and I need something to carry Ds 20lbs virtually all day and ideally for part of the time on my back.

any suggestions please?

i have enough material for another but no time and i suspect not enough talent :sad2

MarynMunchkins
03-13-2006, 04:54 AM
How wide are the straps? Did you pad them?

The first one I made had really narrow straps and no padding, and wasn't comfortable to wear. The next one, I made the shoulder straps 6+ inches and the waist ones a little narrower, and added some fleece padding. It's great. :tu

arwen_tiw
03-13-2006, 10:03 AM
This is the one I made and her measurements are just great for me. :tu I used it as a rough guide only, but I loved the idea of the frankenkozy and it is *so* comfy I'm almost converted from wrapping. :giggle

http://thosemartins.com/bmt/index.htm

HTH

InglesideMomma
03-13-2006, 09:55 PM
I made a bigger body with mine, so ds could cuddle up and sleep in it, and so dh could use it too (he's a foot and a half taller than me). I did what Mary did, and added fleece padding to the straps, which are about 6 inches wide.
It's pretty comfy :tu and DH loves it! :highfive