PDA

View Full Version : Chasing

Charlie U
03-03-2006, 04:39 PM
My girls will not stop chasing each other around the house.

In the hour and a half that both girls have been together since I got home, Rachel has disolved in tears once because Rebecca scared her with the chasing and yelling, Rebecca fell on her bottom which lead to tears AND Rebecca has fallen nose first. Oh, and they got into a screaming and pushing match.

This is a daily occurence in our house. I've tried everything I can think of. Telling them to stop. 5 Steps. (That always ends in the bear hug especially for Rebecca.) I will get in front of them an hold my hand up and say "STOP". In each instance, they will stop for a few minutes, then go right back at it. I've redirected them.

I am losing my mind. (Honestly, I don't mind the running. They are extremely active kids. I do mind the screaming and fighting that goes with it.)

Joanne
03-03-2006, 05:17 PM
I am losing my mind. (Honestly, I don't mind the running. They are extremely active kids. I do mind the screaming and fighting that goes with it.)

If they can't run without it escalating, they've lost the privilege of running.

I had to do this with physical play when my kids were little. We *still* have the limit!