PDA

View Full Version : My 4yo's reflections on babywearing

mom2threePKs
02-27-2006, 08:57 PM
The other day my 4 yo dd (who is definitely not worn anymore, she weighs 45 pounds!) said, "Mommy, when I was a tiny baby and you carried me in the sling it was like you were hugging me and hugging me and hugging me and never stopping hugging me." :heart

She's a sweety in general but that about melted me!

Magan

mom2threePKs
02-27-2006, 08:57 PM
The other day my 4 yo dd (who is definitely not worn anymore, she weighs 45 pounds!) said, "Mommy, when I was a tiny baby and you carried me in the sling it was like you were hugging me and hugging me and hugging me and never stopping hugging me." :heart

She's a sweety in general but that about melted me!

Magan

Naked Camper
02-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Ohhh!! That is too sweet! Thank you for sharing that - it's so encourraging!! :sling

Naked Camper
02-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Ohhh!! That is too sweet! Thank you for sharing that - it's so encourraging!! :sling

InglesideMomma
02-28-2006, 12:33 AM
That is so sweet! :hearts

InglesideMomma
02-28-2006, 12:33 AM
That is so sweet! :hearts

mommy2abigail
02-28-2006, 07:48 AM
So sweet! Don't you just love them? Not to steal you post, but the little girl I watch (2.5 yo) (not an AP kid) said to me "Abby (my dd) feels safe and warm in her pouch doesn't she Tata? She likes is because she can be with her mommy." How simple, yet how profound! The things kids say!

mommy2abigail
02-28-2006, 07:48 AM
So sweet! Don't you just love them? Not to steal you post, but the little girl I watch (2.5 yo) (not an AP kid) said to me "Abby (my dd) feels safe and warm in her pouch doesn't she Tata? She likes is because she can be with her mommy." How simple, yet how profound! The things kids say!

mom2threePKs
02-28-2006, 12:38 PM
People around here think Babywearing is absolutely bizarre! How is it that a 2.5 yo or 4 yo can understnad why it is a good idea but an adult thinks it might "spoil" the baby or something????

Magan

mom2threePKs
02-28-2006, 12:38 PM
People around here think Babywearing is absolutely bizarre! How is it that a 2.5 yo or 4 yo can understnad why it is a good idea but an adult thinks it might "spoil" the baby or something????

Magan

mommy2abigail
03-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I got this comment today, while wearing dd (11 months) on my back in a wrap- "Oh poor baby, she's so quiet and good, and she isn't even in a stroller!" :hunh I've also had "Can she breathe in there?" (when she was real tiny in a moby wrap) To which I responded, "I don't know, she fell asleep an hour ago and I haven't checked..." :laughtears That always got them. I've been told that dd MUST get used to riding in her stoller, and if she cries, just leave her in there. I ask why exactly she HAS to be in a stroller in the first place, is it healthier (no), some sort of educational (no) or moral (no) reason? They look at me like :hunh and I :rolleyes People are so wierd sometimes with regard to babies and what they need.

Radosny Matka
03-01-2006, 08:01 PM
:hearts

Naked Camper
03-02-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't mind strangers' comments so much, it's the family and close friends' comments that really errk me! I had Malachi in his sling asleep at a get together with friends. My best friend told me "it looks like you should be black, with bare breasts hanging down to your belly button, like on one of those tribal shows." :td All I could respond was "yeah, I think those "primitive" cultures have one up on us as far as parenting techniques - they create healthy communities and manage to get stuff done even with babes on their backs." I know my friend meant well, but it hurt my feelings. Oh well, my kiddo's going to be better attached than her formula fed, CIO babe! Oh, was that mean? :giggle

mommy2abigail
03-02-2006, 11:56 AM
:laughtears :shifty