PDA

View Full Version : What do I want?

Nightingale
02-22-2006, 01:33 PM
I've never worn either of my girls on a regular basis...with both, I did use a front carrier/snuggly type thing, and I have a great one, but want a sling or wrap as well. Thing is, I have NO idea what I should get. Here's what I need, tell me where I should look!!

--I work at the church, and imagine I will wear the baby quite a bit while I work. Especially during children's things, like children's church and such. I want something I can use from newborn on up.

--something easy to get on/off. I'm not real good at figuring things out, and if I have a lot of steps to go through each time I use it, I probably won't use it as much as I want to!

--possible to nurse in.

--cost--I don't have tons of $$ to spend on this, but want it to hold up and be comfortable.

Thanks for your thoughts!!

kris10s
02-22-2006, 02:01 PM
A plain unpadded ring sling like a maya wrap would probably work great!

Dana Joy
02-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Low cost- easy to use and nurse in sounds like a ring sling to me!!!!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eesti_slings/
this is my friends site- she makes pouches and ring slings- you pick the fabric and i think a ring sling is under $30

Lois
02-22-2006, 09:20 PM
here is my web page and I make sling and wraps and have some already made and also do special orders.
http://www.geocities.com/lowycr7//Babywearing.html

Aerynne
02-22-2006, 09:34 PM
A plain unpadded ring sling like a maya wrap would probably work great!

ITA!! :tu The Mayawrap website has a pattern for making your own. That's what I did.

Radosny Matka
02-23-2006, 07:33 PM
I have to agree with the ring sling.

Nightingale
02-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Lois, I looked at your site, but once I got to the slings you have available, if I clicked on one it said "URL not available." I'd love to check them out more :shrug

Nightingale
02-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Lois, I looked at your site, but once I got to the slings you have available, if I clicked on one it said "URL not available." I'd love to check them out more :shrug

Naked Camper
02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
You can get rings for your homemade sling on ringslings.com

My ds lives in his unpadded sling! We're getting ready to "upgrade" to a wrap :D

Naked Camper
02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
You can get rings for your homemade sling on ringslings.com

My ds lives in his unpadded sling! We're getting ready to "upgrade" to a wrap :D