PDA

View Full Version : Got the Hotsling. ummm not sure

BornFreeBaby
02-12-2006, 09:45 AM
I just got my fleece hotsling in the mail. I'm very pregnant, so I am hoping there will be more room when the baby comes- the thing feels like there is barely any room-

But I CAN get my 2 y.o in it and carry her in the hip carry - being pregnant- but she is skinny.

I am thinking that theirs not going to be enough room for the baby to lay down in the hotsling. And the more I look at the KKAFP, the more it looks better to me.

I don't know!! Should I return the hotsling for the KK?

DogwoodMama
02-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Well, I probably would! :O I bought a hotsling and returned it. I hope to get a KKAFP next fall, I don't think I would use it until cooler weather.

BornFreeBaby
02-12-2006, 11:19 AM
My friend from my Moms club has one and it looks soooo cute and comfy. I like that the KK is adjustable :scratch

I just don't know if dh will let me spend another 60 bucks on a sling!

DogwoodMama
02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I have the same dilemma... it doesn't help that I also want an Ergo. :shifty

Radosny Matka
02-12-2006, 09:25 PM
I have the KKFP and I totally love it. It's awesome. In the instructions it says not to try it on if you are very pregnant because it will not fit right. I imagine that would be the case with any pouch. And, since you are very, very pregnant ;) I am not surprised it didn't fit you well. I don't know what the hotslings return policy is, but if you can wait a few more weeks, I might consider waiting until after the baby is born and seeing how it fits. :hug

BornFreeBaby
02-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Thanks, Sara

Thats what I'm going to do.
I still like the idea of the adjustable fleece pouch so I am sooooo tempted to get it anyway and see which one I like better after the baby comes. :tu

And yes.... the beloved Ergo.... I have a mai tai....but mostly, I'm just not interested in carrying dd 1 anymore :O I guess I'm just too tired right now to picture carrying both kids once this one arrives. I may change my mind later on..

Punkie
02-18-2006, 08:44 PM
I can say, as a hotsling user, that my babies always fit perfectly in there. I don't think it would've worked while I was pregnant though :shrug That's just part of the issue with a non-adjustable sling, I think. Its only meant to fit when you're the right size for it :shrug Just the change in my chest size alone would've made it too tight :shifty

Dana Joy
02-18-2006, 08:49 PM
have you visited www.thebabywearer.com (http://www.thebabywearer.com) ? you can always swap or sell and buy all kinds of slings there. but i second the wait till the baby comes idea!

BornFreeBaby
02-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks, Mama. I'll check out that website. But I guess I'm not going to do anything yet until after this baby comes, and then if the hotsling isn't working, I will try to swap or return it.

I am a little worried that my chest will grow more once the milk comes in and then it still won't fit. I guess we'll see!

Katigre
02-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Are a you a member of the Yahoo babywearing swap list? I got a hotsling on there for cheap and have had several opportunities to buy KKAFP's for cheap.

Also, on the www.kangarookorner.com website they have a 'clearance' section of returns and seconds :). I got my fleece pouch from them for $29! So definitely check that out.