PDA

View Full Version : "He literally looks like a MONKEY"!?!?!

purplerose
02-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Is a comment I got the other night!!! :mad :td This is the first negative comment someone has given me! I just said "Yeah, well, he's a cute monkey thought!". WHY do people feel the need to make comments like this?! I mean, do they not think?! Are they really that inconsiderate?! I almost ALWAYS get positive comments when I wear Ben. People are usually like "Oh, wow, now THAT'S the way to go" or :"oh, that looks so much easier". Or "Your baby looks so cute in there". I might get the occasion question of "Doesn't that hurt your back?". But NEVER have I gotten anything so assinine!!! Mind you this comment is also from the same lady who has made comments to me before about "all the kids I have"... um, I have 3. :rolleyes I need to understand that this lady is a female Marine, who is brand new to the Corps and is about 22 years old. But still. :hissyfit :banghead :hissyfit :banghead Ok, vent done, just wanted to get it out!

BornFreeBaby
02-12-2006, 09:51 AM
She sounds immature. :foot

Some people can be so rude and condesending and you can't help getting :mad
Don't let those meanies get to you.

Lantern Light Mama
02-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Your probably the only example of AP she has ever seen! Im sorry , what she said wasnt very nice. :hug

MarynMunchkins
02-12-2006, 09:54 AM
:lol What a stupid thing to say!

:hug

Radosny Matka
02-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Now that is just rude. :hug2

Punkie
02-18-2006, 08:45 PM
:sad2

FWIW, my son calls riding in the Ergo "riding on mommy's back like a monkey". Maybe she was just thinking like a 3-year-old :giggle

Dana Joy
02-18-2006, 08:47 PM
doesn't ezzo have some negative stuff to say about marsupial mamas? maybe she's in his camp- ick!!!!!!!!!

slingmamaof4
02-18-2006, 09:00 PM

FWIW, my son calls riding in the Ergo "riding on mommy's back like a monkey". Maybe she was just thinking like a 3-year-old :giggle

yuo, sounds about like what a 3-yo would say

Naked Camper
02-18-2006, 09:38 PM
A monkey?? A kangaroo makes more sense! But then again, I fondly refer to my son as my "kanga-baby!"

She's probably just jealous :yes Just kill her with kindness - it's like hot coals to some!

QuiltinGramma
02-18-2006, 09:49 PM
So sorry! My DH served 8 year with the Marines as a chaplain, so I went right to him when I read your post. If your DH sees her on a regular, even semi-regular, basis then he can speak to her, regardless of his rank or her rank. He can tell her that the comments she has been making have been hurtful to you and that he would appreciate it if she has a comment to make that it be a positive one. This way, it doesn't get blown out of porportion by involving other people. To me, Marines represent King Arthur's Knight of the Round Table. Honor, loyalty, fidelity are all represented in a Marine. If your dh gentlly instructs this 'newby' Marine, she will probably come around. She's probably doing this out of ignorance, she's trying to be friendly, but really doesn't know how to go about it and therefore says things she doesn't know are hurtful to you. She'd probably die of embarrassment if she knew.

BTW, you should see pict. of my dad and his brothers. (My dad turned 80 last Nov.) But the older he gets and the older his brothers get the more they look like monkeys. Honest! You ask Amber here at GCM, she'll back me up. :yes

milkmommy
02-18-2006, 10:21 PM

:giggle When ever my DD is riding on my back (sling or just piggy backed) she likes to make monkey sounds :lol
Though when DD was two months old and I had her in a bjorn (pre sling days) and this one lady at the check out of a JC penny's makes some stupid comment about seeing "all these" baby's strapped to the parents like some third world country :hunh :banghead :rolleyes

Deanna

cklewis
02-18-2006, 11:00 PM
"Really? I knew apes were good mothers, but I didn't know that they used slings too!"

"Takes one to know one, eh?"

Seriously though -- I think your comeback was perfect.

:hug

C

Lantern Light Mama
02-19-2006, 09:39 AM
When ever my DD is riding on my back (sling or just piggy backed) she likes to make monkey sounds

That's just too cute Deanna!

Though when DD was two months old and I had her in a bjorn (pre sling days) and this one lady at the check out of a JC penny's makes some stupid comment about seeing "all these" baby's strapped to the parents like some third world country

I think most of the women in third world country are more in touch with their mothering instincts than we are! What did you do when she said that? I dont think I would have been very nice.

milkmommy
02-19-2006, 09:47 AM
I think most of the women in third world country are more in touch with their mothering instincts than we are! What did you do when she said that? I dont think I would have been very nice.
I doubt I anything just :blush I was a a new mom to a 2 month old. This was really my pre AP days I had her in a carrier cause she seemed to sleep better if I made sure to carry her a few hours each day (non stop) ;) But I had no idea of the overall benifits to baby wearing.

Deanna

purplerose
02-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Well now we jokingly call Ben our "little monkey" :giggle