PDA

View Full Version : the things people say..

BeckaBlue
02-08-2006, 11:08 PM
tonight at the il's mil said "can you guys not afford real diapers?" :eyebrow I found it funny in a lot of ways. regardless i said "we could, but i like real cloth better" and she pipes in "but they irritate their butt more and they're such a hassle!" :rolleyes2 so i just bean dipped her :rolleyes

milkmommy
02-08-2006, 11:14 PM
:rolleyes

Deanna

mwwr
02-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Thank goodness for bean dip!

Radosny Matka
02-10-2006, 08:05 PM

Radosny Matka
02-10-2006, 08:05 PM

illinoismommy
02-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Well ya know... it may be because I don't think they had such nice cloth diapers when we were young... I don't think anyway :shrug

illinoismommy
02-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Well ya know... it may be because I don't think they had such nice cloth diapers when we were young... I don't think anyway :shrug

Irene
02-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I do think thats a lot of it, and not as much information as well. My MIL told me horror stories of when BIL was little, how many rashes he had and she had to boil them all the time... she hated it, but didnt have disposables then. With dh, disposables were out, and he didnt have rashes and no boiling ;) so I could understand sometimes how people would think that.

I remember changing my brother and sister in the old gerber prefolds.... it was pretty rough.. it took a bit of convincing to get me to consider cloth diapering ;)

Irene
02-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I do think thats a lot of it, and not as much information as well. My MIL told me horror stories of when BIL was little, how many rashes he had and she had to boil them all the time... she hated it, but didnt have disposables then. With dh, disposables were out, and he didnt have rashes and no boiling ;) so I could understand sometimes how people would think that.

I remember changing my brother and sister in the old gerber prefolds.... it was pretty rough.. it took a bit of convincing to get me to consider cloth diapering ;)

mamaKristin
02-10-2006, 09:50 PM
My mother, mother in law and sister in law have all marvelled at my cd stash and said that if they had diapers like that, they would have loved cloth...and my sister in law's kids are 5 and 8!

mamaKristin
02-10-2006, 09:50 PM
My mother, mother in law and sister in law have all marvelled at my cd stash and said that if they had diapers like that, they would have loved cloth...and my sister in law's kids are 5 and 8!

illinoismommy
02-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah I remember my sister being changed in them as a newborn, and shortly after they switched to disposable.... we are so lucky we have so many more options, not just in diapers..... like how about all of the cool slings out there too?

Not that your MIL should be saying things like that.... but she might not have thought about it....

illinoismommy
02-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah I remember my sister being changed in them as a newborn, and shortly after they switched to disposable.... we are so lucky we have so many more options, not just in diapers..... like how about all of the cool slings out there too?

Not that your MIL should be saying things like that.... but she might not have thought about it....

abbiroads
02-10-2006, 10:18 PM
My mom kinda thought cloth was silly until I took her to a cloth diaper store....now she's hooked too!

abbiroads
02-10-2006, 10:18 PM
My mom kinda thought cloth was silly until I took her to a cloth diaper store....now she's hooked too!

BeckaBlue
02-11-2006, 12:42 PM
my mil and gmil both did sposies, but whenever they've watched them they always make comments about how much nicer they are and such then they used to be. I kinda think it was cuz the last time she watched nik i'd forgotten to leave an extra diaper so she had to use the sposies she had for him from when abs was in the hospital, but i dont quite get how that equals me not affording them :scratch

BeckaBlue
02-11-2006, 12:42 PM
my mil and gmil both did sposies, but whenever they've watched them they always make comments about how much nicer they are and such then they used to be. I kinda think it was cuz the last time she watched nik i'd forgotten to leave an extra diaper so she had to use the sposies she had for him from when abs was in the hospital, but i dont quite get how that equals me not affording them :scratch