PDA

View Full Version : Sonlight, Weaver, FIAR, OakMeadow

SueQ
02-01-2006, 09:49 AM
O.K. I am considering what I'll be doing next year. Will I stay with FIAR, should I switch to Weaver, Sonlight, or Oakmeadow?

Those of you who use or have used Weaver, Oak Meadow, or Sonlight please share the pros and cons. What do/did you love about the programs and what did/do you hate about them. Do/did you feel that are worth the $$$? What are you happy with? What don't you like? Feel free to add anything thing else that you feel may be helpful to me in deciding.

TIA

hbmamma
02-01-2006, 10:23 AM
:popcorn
I'd be curious too :grin

ShangriLewis
02-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Have you searched the boards yet? We have quite a few posts about all of those currcilum. You can try homeschoolreviews.com, too.

BluegrassMama
02-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Here's everything ya need to know about Sonlight, including lists of why people love Sonlight or hate it.

http://www.sonlight.com/aboutus.html?at=homegreentababoutsonlight

SueQ
02-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Have you searched the boards yet?
Yes, I've searched the boards and have checked HS reviews. I was just trying to get more and new info (from those who haven't posted their opinions yet). ;)

2TMama
02-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Sue Q~

I'm a big fan of homeschoolreviews.com as well ;) I'm also a big fan of finding other users IRL of whatever I'm looking into :yes

I have *not* considered Oak Meadow, but *have* looked at Weaver and Sonlight (and currently use FIAR). As of late, I've been very interested in Tapestry of Grace. Some of the things that really appeal to me: the Christian perspective, the ability to use it for all grade levels at the same time, the four- year-cycle (where if you start in 1st grade you do that same portion of the curriculum (at a higher level-- per the Classical model) in 5th and 9th grade. It's referred to as a "Grace- Based curriculum"-- I thought that was interesting.

Not to further confuse your search, but I thought if Weaver and Sonlight appealed to both of us perhaps you'd want to look at *another* that also appealed to me :shrug They have a forum you can join-- like Sonlight and FIAR. The website explains the creator of TOG's philosophy etc. It might be worth considering!!

P.S. I *think* Tamborine Dancer has used Weaver before.