PDA

View Full Version : which is better..mei tie or hip hammock

Lantern Light Mama
01-24-2006, 08:16 PM
My achy breaky back is tellin' me I have to try something new. Im debating on a mei-tie or a hip hammock. I tried on the hip hammock today while looking at toysrjunk and they actually arent that bad my baby liked it an awful lot. :shrug But I started thinking about how the farbic might not age well since the straps are made from that weird plasticy back pack material. Im thinking if he likes the hip hammock hell like the mei-tie. The hip hammock wasnt too uncomfortable but I put it back because im torn on which to buy. :scratch And i cant buy both because the sling is the absolute last purchase ill be making for me with incoem tax money (were payin' some bills off so im on a budget).
After being broke for so darn long when I get the chance to buy something I have a hard time doing it. :laughtears So where would I find a good mie tie with fast shipping?

Katydid
01-24-2006, 08:23 PM
We have both and I would say the mei tai is BY FAR more comfortable! :yes Plus you can do different carries in it (back, hip, and front) I find that the hip hammock, even with the padding, just really digs into my neck after awhile. :td As for where to buy one, I can't help you cause I made mine! :grin

rachelmarie
01-24-2006, 08:55 PM
I would definitely say a mei tai is more comfortable because of the fabric being softer and it balancing the weight across your back with a tie around the waist, too. I love my mei tai! Even with ds at 20 lbs. it is still comfortable for long amounts of time.

miryam
01-26-2006, 01:47 PM
I also vote for the mei tai. I use mine on the boardwalk in the warm months for hours at a time. No aches.

Lois
01-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Go to www.thebabywearer.com and there are TONS of people, mostly WAHM, to choose from who make Mei-Tie's and they are beautiful and all different prices and I am sure if you asked for fast shipping they could work something out.

RosieTook
01-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Another good place to look is here. http://hyenacart.com/meitaicarrier-com/

They have one in particular that I have been dying to buy, and is still in stock, and cheap, but the money is just not there... it's this one. http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=30358&vid=126 Actually, it looks like mine (how I think of it :O) is the only one in stock. Still, they have cool fabrics and great prices.

Good luck. :grin