PDA

View Full Version : sling hurting baby?

LittleSweetPeas
01-24-2006, 03:51 PM
So I bought a Lucky Baby pouch sling and my DD has hated it since she outgrew laying in it cradle like. It seems to cut across her thighs when I hold her any other way. Is this common? I have pretty much given up on it a while ago but before I sell it I wanted to see if this is normal or user error. :) The sling isnt too small, in fact its a bit too big for me but just cuts right across her thighs and she hates it. 100% cotton.

Carrie in PA
01-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Her bottom should actually be lower than her legs in a pouch carrier when you are doing hip carry. You could also try folder the pouch a little differently so it is more padded under her legs. :shrug I hope you get it to work out.

mommy2abigail
01-24-2006, 05:40 PM
We kind of had this problem too, and I agree with the pp. Butt should be lower, and I try not to let the hemmed edge be against her skin. I fold it over, so that at least she has a double padding. Although now we are having the same problem when I try to put her in a back carry with a wrap. :thinkWhen I cross the wrap under her legs, it seems to go right behind her knees, and I don't think thats good for circulation! Anyone have any suggestions for that? :shrug

LittleSweetPeas
01-31-2006, 08:45 PM
I dont get it. How do I get the baby's bottom lower than her legs with a pouch?

I think I give up. Back to the Bjorn! :mrgreen