PDA

View Full Version : speaking of hiking with a sling...

joyful mama
01-16-2006, 08:07 PM
anyone suggest a good one? I was thinking of getting a mei tei (sp?). is that a good choice? I love my pouches, but kind of ready for one that is a bit sturdier, for a back carry... we will be using it for when dd is a bit older, in a few motnhs (7 months old or so). I might just have to get 2, though, one for my 2 year old for dh to carry :mrgreen

Anyone make mei teis here?

Lois
01-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Mei-ti's are a piece of cake to make. I made one out of a skirt that didn't fit right but you can use just about any material. I just looked at a few pictures and whipped one up in an afternoon. Now mine is nothing special but it works great.

LauraK
01-17-2006, 09:11 AM
My favorite for hiking is an Ergo, although I used to have a mei tai and it worked well too. I like the sleeping hood on the Ergo as my dd sometimes falls asleep when we hike.

Lois
01-17-2006, 11:13 AM
My favorite for hiking is an Ergo, although I used to have a mei tai and it worked well too. I like the sleeping hood on the Ergo as my dd sometimes falls asleep when we hike.

ITA...I have yet to try my Mei tai on a hike though. I have used it for walks to the store a little ways down the street and it worked fine. I have a hood on my Ergo as well and like it for when dd falls asleep as well.