PDA

View Full Version : BJUP "Vacation Stations" -- anybody have the foggiest idea?

Piper2
01-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Since I've pretty much decided that we're going with the Bob Jones curriculum next year, I'm considering doing the 1st-2nd grade "Vacation Station" curriculum over the summer to help transition into their way of doing things and kinda catch up on anything we might be a bit behind on.

From what I've seen online (sample pages), I know it's a 10-week program, 2 pages a day. But does anybody know if it's a 4-day or a 5-day week?

TIA!

Bargainmom
01-14-2006, 12:08 AM
Not positive, but think it's five days. My mom has sent them to my girls and they really enjoy doing them.

CelticJourney
01-14-2006, 04:36 PM
It looks to me like it is a 'bridging' book from one grade to another for the summer. It referes to your 'rising second grader', etc.

Piper2
01-14-2006, 07:04 PM
It looks to me like it is a 'bridging' book from one grade to another for the summer. It referes to your 'rising second grader', etc.

Yeah, that's what it's for, and that's pretty much why I want it (as well as to get used to the "Bob Jones way" of doing things ;)). I'm just trying to figure out if I want to do 5 days a week over the summer (we only school 4 days a week now). I'm sure I could probably adjust/skip some things to make it fit whatever schedule we choose to go on, though.