PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of making a couple slings...

JJsMom
01-10-2006, 08:10 PM
I was thinking about making at least two slings for my sisters, they are all three pg! I already bought a puch sling for my older sis and I was going to try to make two for my younger sis's. They are both the kind of people that want something stylish more than functional. :rolleyes2 I guess I was thinking about making something like a hotsling, but I can't seem to find any patterns. Do you think that's a good choice? Do you think I could make them? I'm not an avid sewer by any means, I've made a couple quilts and a few other things, nothing too difficult. Any thoughts?

MarynMunchkins
01-10-2006, 08:38 PM
www.sleepingbaby.net :)

She has great instructions there.

JJsMom
01-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Thanks Mary! Now I just have to measure them and find the fabric. :rockon

Carrie in PA
01-11-2006, 07:15 AM
Pouches are super easy to make. I'm sure you can do it! Have fun picking the fabric! :smile

kris10s
01-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Joann's carries some nice stretch sateen I LOVE for pouches (think hotslings). WIth a 40% off coupon and two pouches per width, it's a screamin' deal for such great fabric!

ChristineG
01-11-2006, 11:58 AM
:-) Good for you!! I think sleepingbaby.net is a great place to start. What a great sister you are!! I made a silk ring sling once that is drop dead gorgeous. I think it cost me $40 with a zippered pocket on the tail. That seems like a lot, but if you compare it to $150 to $200 slings out there, it is a steal.

Anyway, getting inexpensive fabric isn't too hard and you should have lots of fun making your slings. www.slingrings.com is a great place for rings if you do ring slings. Pouches are very easy to make, but the sizing can be a bit of a pain. Sometimes you get it first try and other times, you have to redo a few times. :-) Can't wait to hear how they turn out!!