PDA

View Full Version : Babywearing & showering

Carrie in PA
01-09-2006, 07:24 AM
I did this today! DD is 4.5 mo and does not like the bath!!! I don't like just leaving her while I get a shower (even though in her seat in the bathroom) so I decided to put her in a homemade pouch and just take her in with me. It worked great! She never fussed once and was so happy next to my skin! It was a little tricky shaving my legs, but I did it! :giggle I don't know why I never did this before! :scratch

I know there are special pouches made for the water, but my homemade-from-a-sheet pouch worked great. :tu Just had to share! :)

Katherine
01-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Can you explain how you did it? The thought of trying it with a sling has never occurred to me before, but it would be a godsend. I'm embarrassed to admit how rarely I'm getting a shower these days with a 4yo, 2yo, and a 1-month old. :blush Sometimes dh asks "when have you last had a shower?" and my response is... :hunh :scratch (Sometimes he actually *volunteers* to watch the older 2 boys so I can get one :tu, and at that point the baby starts crying, and that's the end of that. :/)

Carrie in PA
01-09-2006, 10:51 AM
That is so funny! Don't be embarrassed....I am averaging 2-3 showers a week these days! :O It's just not always possible to get one! But it was so easy today and gets the baby clean too! I just made a pouch out of an old bedsheet. I put her in sort of in cradle position with her legs crossed. She was very comfortable and just nestled right in close to me. I just made sure to keep her face out of the stream of water. When shampooing and rinsing my hair I just had my back to the water and leaned my head back so the shampoo didn't run onto her. It really was easy. Give it a try!

MarynMunchkins
01-09-2006, 10:53 AM
I have a Solarveil sling, and it rocked for showers and the pool. :tu

You just soap around the baby, and make sure you lean *way* back to rinse your hair. I never shave my legs, so...:shrug

Aisling
01-09-2006, 10:58 AM
oooooo :rockon I must get one!

greenskittle
01-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Bed sheet huh? I was wondering what would work for that. I'll remember that for next time. :yes

When Liv was smaller I tired everything, old towel, quilting fabric, fleece. Everything got too wet and started to stretch and I spent the rest of the shower adjusting :banghead

Now that she loves her baths I just fill the water up to bath level, and turn on the shower too. She sits on the tub floor and splashes, and I take a shower. Sometimes when I'm done we play. ;)

Carrie in PA
01-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Now that she loves her baths I just fill the water up to bath level, and turn on the shower too. She sits on the tub floor and splashes, and I take a shower. Sometimes when I'm done we play. ;)

That is so cute! :tu

Lois
01-16-2006, 09:29 PM
That's what my DD does to. Before she felt comfortable just playing in the bottom of the tub we had a "mini tub" (a plastic storage container) that we would fill up for her to sit in(in the tub) while we showered. It worked wonderfully and when she got to big for that one we got her a little bigger one that she sometimes uses now. To me it's way easier then filling up the whole bathtub with water and it also works well because she can be in her tub while we use the rest of the tub to shower in.