PDA

View Full Version : We're done for 2005!

Piper2
12-16-2005, 08:28 AM
We actually finished most of our lessons on Monday, but I waited to do our spelling test because he was having such a reaction to some food coloring he'd had last Sunday that I was afraid it would be too much of a struggle to get him to sit and concentrate long enough to write 20 words. ;) So we did it during breakfast this morning, he remembered the spelling rule for this unit (long e "ea" words) and he got all of them right! :D

I actually already sat down and did my lesson plans for the rest of the year a few nights ago (except for reading...gotta wait until Kevin opens those books on Christmas morning :mrgreen), so I'm pretty much set to get started back after New Year's. Shoot, I just got next year's lesson plan book in the mail yesterday, sent out a PM and talked to somebody via IM yesterday about the homeschool conference next summer.

That's one of the things I like about taking breaks, I guess...it allows you to look ahead and make a new start. :)

slingmamaof4
12-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Wow! Sounds like you are doing great. I hope that all goes well for my and my dd as we start hs'ing. I am sure I am going to have lots of questions posting on this board when I actually start hs'ing her. She is 4 right now. I may try to do a little something with her starting in January. It is a little intimidating knowing where to start, what to do, what curriculum will work best for my dd. I will figure it out--probably with the help of moms on here like you who are more experienced with it. I do have hs'ing experience, but I was the student...and that was in high school. Which is very differnt that the early years.

MagnoliaMommy
12-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Enjoy your Christmas vacation!!! :mrgreen