PDA

View Full Version : house cleaning

amstermarie
12-12-2005, 12:34 PM
do you wear dc while clening? i have so much to do, but i still can.t get past the awkwardness of tring to sking and clean. i can do simple stuff like vacume, i have dc fetch me laundry and i toss it in, dc unload dishwasher and i put away. but i still have trouble w/ cooking. and w/ anything requiring bending. and when dc are in school i don't have help w/ laundry and dishes, is it just me. ds won't sleep but 15 nin out of my arms. i don't mind slinging him, but i need to organize my disaster ( house) and i don't want to hear all you want to do is hold the baby all day. i put him in the " bucket" this am and talked to him while i started on dishes. he laughed for a min or 2, than a little whine, than a load scream. he is just not a bucket baby. he loves the sling!!!! another ? don't know if i am wearing him wrong, but after a while my arm starts to hurt... i have a nojo

mommylori
12-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Yours still may be to young, but I have a million diffrent types of slings, 3 kids worth.lol When I am housecleaning it really depends, I like the front backpack thing when they are little because it was better on my back, no I couldn't nurse but I was cleaning the house so nursing was a good reason to kick up my feet and relax a min.lol And now I put adam in a backpack like for hiking thing when I am cooking and such, because he can't reach what I am doing and make a mess or burn himself or anything.lol I could never figure out how to use the sling in those 2 task, I tried making a cake once like the pic in Dr. Sears baby book and we where both coated in stuff by the time it was done, he kept reaching in the bowl, I mean chocolate cake batter is to taste to resist.lol
Lori

Aisling
12-12-2005, 03:03 PM
I think cooking and slinging has gotten easier now that dd is older, but in the 4-9 month range, she was just too squirmy! :P~

waterbaby
12-13-2005, 05:13 PM
My advice to you would be to try out a wrap...I wrap dd on my back while I do all housecleaning. Wraps distribute the weight evenly and hold the baby tight against you, so it doesn't feel awkward at all.
I cleaned the whole computer room today with dd on my back...I was on the floor vaccuuming out the nooks and crannies and everything, and there was never a moment of discomfort. :tu

amstermarie
12-13-2005, 07:36 PM
My advice to you would be to try out a wrap
can you point me in the direction to get one of these, also i am hevey, so id need a large one

MarynMunchkins
12-14-2005, 05:39 AM
You can make your own for next to nothing. :)

I bought 6 yds. muslin for $1/yd, cut it to 30 in. wide, and hemmed it. :) Check out www.mamatoto.org for instructions.