PDA

View Full Version : Homeschool E-Store

LikeADimMirror
12-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Passing along this information on:

http://www.homeschoolestore.com

--the 2 women who put this together are in my local homeschool group and have worked very hard at putting together this business. What it is, you buy e-workbooks on-line, you download and save them to your own computer (and print them off as much as you wish.) They have several major companies signed up (I don't remember all of them, I know that Explore the Code is one.) I think it is a really cool concept.

Rhonda

Kasi
12-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Thanks for sharing. This is great...can't wait until they are up & running. I've been looking for an easier way to supplement my boys public school education...it's necessary.

LikeADimMirror
12-02-2005, 09:23 PM
It's finally open! I thought it would be open early this morning (when I posted about it last night)...I've been impatiently waiting all day for it!

LikeADimMirror
12-13-2005, 06:27 PM
New free book on this site, 50 States Unit Study Workbook.

http://www.homeschoolestore.com/catalog/...products_id=198

(last week's free book was The Anti-Coloring Book of Masterpieces, sorry I forgot to post about it.)

LikeADimMirror
01-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Oooh, free book this week (they have been having a different free book each week) is:

The Spel-Lang Tree

This manual should prove to be especially helpful for beginning teachers and for all others who desire to learn more about letter sounds and symbols - about phonemes and graphemes. It includes technical information to inform teachers only; children do not need to learn the terminology. At the same time, there is helpful information that you can use for minor speech processing problems or if your school does not have a speech pathologist. It will help you, the teacher, to work from sounds to letters rather than &om letters to sounds.

The purpose of this manual is to provide bits of information on sounds and the primary symbols that represent them, information that is not readily available in clear, concise form. There are roughly 44 sounds in the American English language (various authorities suggest 43 to 46 sounds). These include 15 consonant sounds, 4 consonant digraphs representing 5 sounds (ch, sh, th, a, wh), the digraph 'J, 5 short vowel sounds, 5 long vowel sounds, r-controlled vowels, and a variety of more complex vowel sounds. Only the basic consonant and short vowel sounds are included in this manual. The others are introduced in higher-level work.

erinee
01-16-2006, 07:06 PM
This is so great! I saw this when you first posted it, and I've been looking forward to it opening -- thanks for the reminder! My almost-8-year-old still can't say his Rs, and I downloaded the freebie and got some tips on learning to make the sound that I'm looking forward to trying with him tomorrow!

LikeADimMirror
01-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Free book this week:

Speedy Spanish Book 1

An elementary Spanish course written on third grade reading level. Successfully used by first graders through adults. Being used in most of the 50 States by Christian schools and homeschoolers. Also used by missionaries in Mexico, Germany, Belize, Guatemala and South America.

Thirty lessons plus 6 reviews teach over 500 words. Each lesson is divided into 5 parts, one section for each day of the week. Matching exercises, games, Bible verses, and songs make this a fast, fun way to learn to speak Spanish. .

erinee
01-24-2006, 06:50 PM
That Speedy Spanish looks like just what I've been wanting! I am wanting to do Spanish, but I haven't found anything affordable that we actually *do* or that is very interesting. I downloaded it, and we started today! It doesn't look like you get the audio with the free download, but I know enough about Spanish pronunciation that I think it will be fine. It looks like the tapes are mostly for the student to self-teach and to be able to listen to the songs, but I think we can get by without them.