PDA

View Full Version : Mei-tei's?

Carrie in PA
11-30-2005, 07:19 AM
I have used a ring sling (padded and Maya) for my children, and have now gotten into pouches with my new little angel. I keep hearing about Mei-tei's though. Looking at pictures of them, it does seems like they would be comfortable and not pull on one shoulder like ring slings and pouches do. But they don't seem very versatile for older babies. I can't imagine having an older baby always facing my chest since they like to look around so much and observe everything. I'd love to hear from MT users about using these with older babies...how you/they like them...other positions to use.

Thanks! :)

Carrie in PA

kris10s
11-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Toddlers and big babies are usually worn on the back in a MT. My daughter really didn't like ours, but she loves the Ergo... :shrug

holmgirl
11-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Not sure how old you mean, but my ds#2 is 9 months and we use both the front and back carry. He will fall asleep either way. And just the other day when ds#1 was too tired :rolleyes I carried him on my back with the mei tei. And he's 4!!!

The only complaint about a mei tei is it's kinda hard to nurse with it..but when they are older, it doesn't matter as much.

Punkie
11-30-2005, 10:03 AM
I like our Mei Tei, but I definitely prefer the Ergo, as does my husband. The Ergo is much more comfortable and doesn't loosen up as I wear it. :)

MarynMunchkins
11-30-2005, 01:43 PM
I like my MT, but I almost always use it in the back. :) Colin rarely asks to nurse when we're out and about anymore.

If I *know* he's going to fall asleep, I put him in the front so his head doesn't flop. ;)